• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Innovate AFR gauge with Boondocker

R

rmk685

Dec 4, 2007
I got my turbo all installed and just had the innovate afr mtx-l gauge left to wire. I pulled power for it by splicing in after the fan booster. When I start sled up, it comes up with a 8. on the gauge and dont cycle through its startup process like it should. I then disconnected everything and hooked it up to a 12 volt battery and it worked normal.

How are you guys with bd kits wiring this gauge?

J

jsandgren10

Jan 17, 2008
Northern California
I have the same gauge on a silber kit. We wire to a dc power source under the hood. There is a 2 pig tail wire that is dc power makes it easy and close.

Make sure to calibrate it too

R

rmk685

Dec 4, 2007
Boondockers uses that dc power plug to run oil pump. Justin Barnes said he wires all his in after the fan booster. Maybe I have a problem elsewhere.

gmustangt

Lifetime Membership
Aug 10, 2009
Boondockers uses that dc power plug to run oil pump. Justin Barnes said he wires all his in after the fan booster. Maybe I have a problem elsewhere.

are you running anything of the 12v source in the hood? by the headlight?

silber uses the dc over by the clutch cover for the oil pump then the 12v source under the hood for the wideband

R

rmk685

Dec 4, 2007
Are you referring to the plug with the red/yellow and brown/white wires?

If I so I assume your running the red wire to the the red/yellow. And then running the black wire and the white wire from gauge to the brown/white?

Would be great if this works then I wouldnt have to disconnect wires everytime I take hood off.

gmustangt

Lifetime Membership
Aug 10, 2009
Are you referring to the plug with the red/yellow and brown/white wires?

If I so I assume your running the red wire to the the red/yellow. And then running the black wire and the white wire from gauge to the brown/white?

Would be great if this works then I wouldnt have to disconnect wires everytime I take hood off.

ya mines hooked up brown white (hood) to red(wideband)
then red yellow (hood) to brown (wideband)

R

rmk685

Dec 4, 2007
Are you running your black and white wires(wideband) to a ground then or are you capping them off?

R

rmk685

Dec 4, 2007
Thanks alot. I wasnt even aware that power source was tucked up in there. Gonna go give it a shot.

R

rmk685

Dec 4, 2007
For anyone else that may run into this issue with a BD kit. I wired the red wire(gauge) to the red/yellow wire(sled) and the black wire(gauge) and white wire(gauge) to the brown/white wire(sled) and everything works as it should now.

Premium Features