• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Skinz ARC problems

PSI 800

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 1, 2015
north west british columbia
Has anybody else bent the lower rear sissor piece that skinz provides with the ARC system. After waiting for 3 months I finally got Arc and got not even a whole ride out of it before I noticed the new braket was bent and this caused the grease nipple on the stock upper sissor to contact the ARC shock and wear a hole in the end of the shock. Not fn happy about it but when the unit was working it worked quite well. waiting to hear about warranty

MTN Powderhound

Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2009
Smithers B.C.
Take some pics and send an email to Skinz. Should be under warranty if you just bought it. Make sure you have the bill of sale. I had the sissor arm fail and break the arc shock. Sent the shock and the arm back to skins and they sent me the updated sissor arm and repaired the shock. All warrantied. :face-icon-small-coo

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Has anybody else bent the lower rear sissor piece that skinz provides with the ARC system. After waiting for 3 months I finally got Arc and got not even a whole ride out of it before I noticed the new braket was bent and this caused the grease nipple on the stock upper sissor to contact the ARC shock and wear a hole in the end of the shock. Not fn happy about it but when the unit was working it worked quite well. waiting to hear about warranty

Mine did the same with one 2 hr ride.......
Just noticed it.....

Arc 2x

Worked great while it did.

Last edited:

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
4db3b9d6ef057818e7835e3721f5f628.jpg

1a1de629bebf3cb79d302d5261418380.jpg

c65aa4027b969e0481b60941d8002845.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
Shows how much force is going on there. Makes me think that even if they beef up that piece its going to bend/break/crack the next weak piece in the puzzle. Do they not test anything anymore?????? Eric

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I had to compress the 2x shock 1/2" to get it bolted in.
It was VERY Stiff and required a long prybar.

Maybe the shock is bottoming out?
I followed the directions as close as possible (the pictures were of a pro :( )
The stiffeners they supply determine the length of the shock at full extension.

Maybe the pro geometry is enough different from my axys to make this an issue? (Kit labels all say axys just the directions are a mix)
All i know is it's definitely off.

Last edited:

cappy23

Lifetime Membership
Nov 13, 2011
Are there these same issues with the original 3 position and fox shock as well?

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
I ran mine this year, 4 buddies have ran them. The set up with the Fox Float. No issues.

I would not hesitate to call Jake at Skinz. He will want to know the issue. Plus I am sure he will help you out.

MTN Powderhound

Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2009
Smithers B.C.
Mine was one of the first production ones they had an issue with the original arm. (Not the 2X) They warrantied the arm no questions asked!:face-icon-small-win

cappy23

Lifetime Membership
Nov 13, 2011
Can you run the arc with the ice age rail braces installed? I just installed these on my stock rails but they might interfere with the arc where it mounts to the rail, anybody try this yet?

E

Esh

Feb 5, 2014
I ran mine this year, 4 buddies have ran them. The set up with the Fox Float. No issues.

I would not hesitate to call Jake at Skinz. He will want to know the issue. Plus I am sure he will help you out.

x2 Call them up and ask for help. I beat the hell out of mine with the fox float on the turbo and no problems. Jake is the man and will help you figure it out.

Premium Features