• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Patrick's Carbon Primary Cover

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
I recently picked one up for my Pro. Found a new primary and sent it all up to Indy Specialties to have balanced and prepped. Putting new spring and heavier weights in it last night.

I got this sinking feeling it was a bad idea. Everyone says they spin up quicker. Only answer I can get is typically primaries don't like lightweight covers.

Has anyone had durability issues?

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
800 miles on mine no issues yet.

Can I ask why you didn't send it to pcc to get balanced and have him perform his machine work on it?

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
1.) When I get my clutches back from Dan each individual piece is balance. The primary is shimmed for the weights. I trust him more than anyone with my clutches.

2.) The amount of material Patricks takes out makes me nervous. Seems like a race set up. Maybe I am wrong.

3.) I got a deal on the cover. I wanted a new primary anyway. Mine showed some odd wear. I didn't want to spend any more money for the year. I have spent a fair amount already.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Justin, I think you're fine.

I've never heard a single negative about his carbon covers.

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
I just don't want a mass under hood explosion... I have heard some horror stories about the OLD zbroz cover.

AK.... since you brought up the PCC machining... did you have it done and are you happy with it. I would entertain it for this summer.

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
Like I said, I got a little bit of a deal or I wouldn't have done it. I got lucky and was in the right place at the right time. I spend TOO much time watching for parts on the net....:face-icon-small-dis

J

jonasumb

Nov 27, 2012
Boise/McCall Idaho
I know people who run them on their suoercharger set ups. That were built by Carl's.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

LPIdaho

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
IF,ID
The hillclimb guys are running the ZRP cover, even Keith Curtis, what the says idk

Premium Features