• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

VES Gold

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
Doing a test with the new "water" like VES oil. Has anyone checked the ratio they are getting with this oil?
I am running it in one PRO. Switched it over from Doo Semi-Syn. With the semi/syn oil I ran an average of 38:1. Using the duck bill cap and the pump turned up 4 turns.
I am now running VES with the pump at the stock setting and the last three rides have ratios of 31:1, 26:1, and yesterday 26.6:1. Way to much oil. Ordered a new pump$$$$. Thought I would see if anyone has checked their VES ratio. Thanks for the feedback.

hontri

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
My stock 14 Pro with Passo Racing oil cap with VES oil ran in the 55:1 to 60:1 range. I adjusted the oil pump stroke by 3.25 turns .It now runs consistently in the 37:1 range.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Well you could put the antiquated Polaris cap back on and be back to 50:1 Tony...

I have been using the redline oil since 2007 and really have reason to change.

But your findings are interesting but don't surprise me.

R

Ride_The_Rockies

Jun 19, 2002
Utah
I have been using Polaris VES Race oil in my 2015 Pro with stock cap and stock oil pump settings and I have measured every tank this year and I am running really close to 40:1.

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
Well you could put the antiquated Polaris cap back on and be back to 50:1 Tony...

I have been using the redline oil since 2007 and really have reason to change.

But your findings are interesting but don't surprise me.
Do you mean no reason to change? Asking because I use redline in my 860 and considering switching to it for my 2015 Pro I just picked up... have yet to turn up the oil pump or do anything much to it... plus it is still under warranty until fall.

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
To the pin snow yesterday and 27.4:1 ratio. Oil coming from the EV hose is clean.
Will the new pump fix this, I hope so. If these are common ratios for the VES, PI will sell a lot of oil.

image.jpg

Last edited:

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Do you mean no reason to change? Asking because I use redline in my 860 and considering switching to it for my 2015 Pro I just picked up... have yet to turn up the oil pump or do anything much to it... plus it is still under warranty until fall.

Correct, no reason to change. Our entire riding group uses it.

bryceraisanen

Lifetime Membership
Mar 5, 2011
Kinda of a side note, possibly coincidence. I have always ran Legend Oil in my 13 Pro. This sled hasnt given me a single issue so far.

So 3 days ago, was out in the Snowies and realized I forgot to bring oil. Oh well, no big deal I just ran it as low as I possibly dared and then topped off with VES Gold. Didn't take about three hours of riding and I was getting all kinds of issues. Sled was cutting out periodically, it seemed like mostly when under heavy load, but not predictable enough for me to make it happen on purpose. Cut out a couple times about 10 feet short of big drops. Launched on a big time nosedive, luckily it cleared out and revved up with enough time to get the nose up or landing woulda been BAAD!!

Home now, gonna be a summer project. But I was pretty surprised that three straight days riding since adding the VES Gold, sled ran like crap. Lost 100 rpm too. Coincidence.

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
Kinda of a side note, possibly coincidence. I have always ran Legend Oil in my 13 Pro. This sled hasnt given me a single issue so far.

So 3 days ago, was out in the Snowies and realized I forgot to bring oil. Oh well, no big deal I just ran it as low as I possibly dared and then topped off with VES Gold. Didn't take about three hours of riding and I was getting all kinds of issues. Sled was cutting out periodically, it seemed like mostly when under heavy load, but not predictable enough for me to make it happen on purpose. Cut out a couple times about 10 feet short of big drops. Launched on a big time nosedive, luckily it cleared out and revved up with enough time to get the nose up or landing woulda been BAAD!!

Home now, gonna be a summer project. But I was pretty surprised that three straight days riding since adding the VES Gold, sled ran like crap. Lost 100 rpm too. Coincidence.

Did you get a chance to check your ratio?
Yes, I have witnessed an RPM loss, with the VES, also but am thinking it has to do with the ratio?

Premium Features