• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Where to buy TPS tester?

R
Nov 27, 2007
N Wis
I am building the powerup cables now. They work on everything through the 2016 models. And it won't cost $20 to ship it!

I'll start working on incorporating the fuel pump plug next.

That combined with the pass through style tps plug seems to be the best way to tune and diagnose your tps.

And snowmow, I use a $250 fluke meter. They are solid and dependable. The Wal-Mart cheap-o's are pretty much a test light with numbers.. They trek you when you have power and the polarity, but not so good for accuracy!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
Tonka1020 would you message me when you could ship me a ECU power up cable for my 2014 800 Pro R Rush, no big rush or should I say no hurry... Or if you like you could hold off shipping the $42.50 TPS testing harness that I order from you through Ebay & ship the power up cable at the same time...

Ref from my earlier post:
Tonka1020 do you make a ECU power up cable similar to what SLP sells for approx. $30+ approx.$20 shipping???

This Power-Up Cable is used with an external 12 volt battery to provide power to the ECU and Fuel Pump of the CFI system. This makes it possible to check and adjust the Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) alignment between the Power Commander and the stock ECU without the engine running.

R
Nov 27, 2007
N Wis
tonka1020 HIGH QUALITY TPS tester wire harness & High Quality ECU power up cable

I am building the powerup cables now. They work on everything through the 2016 models. And it won't cost $20 to ship it!

I'll start working on incorporating the fuel pump plug next.

That combined with the pass through style tps plug seems to be the best way to tune and diagnose your tps.

And snowmow, I use a $250 fluke meter. They are solid and dependable. The Wal-Mart cheap-o's are pretty much a test light with numbers.. They trek you when you have power and the polarity, but not so good for accuracy!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
Troy, Thanks for the very "QUICKLY" shipping of the HIGH QUALITY" TPS tester wire harness & High Quality ECU power up cable!!!! Received in less then a week!!!

Last week I ordered a TPS Tester from Tonka1020 for my 2014 800 Pro R Rush on Ebay for only $42.50, free shipping!!! For the http://www.ebay.com/itm/271788580935

The TPS tester wire harness & ECU power up cable are high quality products, should be very easy to use... I plan to check the TPS on a friends power/RPM FADING 2015 800 AXES SB next week...

I did not want to reach in with alligator clips on the Polaris ECU power up connector on top of the clutch guard, when just one little movement could SHORT OUT an expensive ECU!!!

Also last week when I was calibrating the PCFC & TPS with my PCFC on my (MUCH STRONGER BMP piped & VF3R reeds) on my 2014 800 Pro R Rush, almost "disaster"!!! When I revved engine WOT the jack stand started to tip over... Almost sent my Rush into my F150, could have been heavy damage... Much safer & cheaper to purchase the ECU power up cable from tonka1020!!!!!!!
Thanks Much Rich

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
Troy, Thanks for the very "QUICKLY" shipping of the HIGH QUALITY" TPS tester wire harness & High Quality ECU power up cable!!!! Received in less then a week!!!

Last week I ordered a TPS Tester from Tonka1020 for my 2014 800 Pro R Rush on Ebay for only $42.50, free shipping!!! For the http://www.ebay.com/itm/271788580935

The TPS tester wire harness & ECU power up cable are high quality products, should be very easy to use... I plan to check the TPS on a friends power/RPM FADING 2015 800 AXES SB next week...

I did not want to reach in with alligator clips on the Polaris ECU power up connector on top of the clutch guard, when just one little movement could SHORT OUT an expensive ECU!!!

Also last week when I was calibrating the PCFC & TPS with my PCFC on my (MUCH STRONGER BMP piped & VF3R reeds) on my 2014 800 Pro R Rush, almost "disaster"!!! When I revved engine WOT the jack stand started to tip over... Almost sent my Rush into my F150, could have been heavy damage... Much safer & cheaper to purchase the ECU power up cable from tonka1020!!!!!!!

Thanks Much Rich

I ordered tps harness and power up harness for my 13 pro on Friday from Tonka. Also ordered a fluke 117 off Amazon too.

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
cd4532ec797b967f40b7ed6a070eed2d.jpg

This should solve it!!!

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
the 2013 has the 3 pin flat plug doesn't it?

So this triangle one i have won't
Do me much good :-[

Yes, that three pin triangular one is for '14 MY and newer with the flying lead to avoid the moisture trap.

I have two of his with the Flat pin style if you want to trade?

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
Yes, that three pin triangular one is for '14 MY and newer with the flying lead to avoid the moisture trap.

I have two of his with the Flat pin style if you want to trade?

Tonka got back to me quickly and is sending the 3pin flat one out in the morning. He's just in Colorado and I'm in Wyoming so the swap will be quick. If you weren't so far away I would definitely trade you though. Thanks for the offer. I appreciate it

Last edited:

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
Couple of questions...
So will this style Fluke meter ( Pic Below) work for setting my TPS-
Never got a P/M back from Tonka- so sent him an email- hope to get a reply
Also...
Will the same connector work on my 2014 pro 800 with ES for an 2016 AXYS with ES?.

View attachment 266781

S/C

Last edited:

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
You got a nice meter there. That will work perfectly.

As for the connections. I BELIEVE they are the same.
Just not prior to 2014.

Tonka1020

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2012
Meeker
snowmow would know! :) he has the triangular style TPS pigtail from me and a flat 3-pin on his sled!! (your new one is on it's way)

2013 was the last of the flat 3-pin. After that they went to the "flying" pigtial. It is better, except you get to pull a wiring harness apart to pull the throttle bodies now.

Also, sorry, PM is not passing info on to me!!!!
tonka1020@yahoo.com is a much better way to get ahold of me!

Couple of questions...
So will this style Fluke meter ( Pic Below) work for setting my TPS-
Never got a P/M back from Tonka- so sent him an email- hope to get a reply
Also...
Will the same connector work on my 2014 pro 800 with ES for an 2016 AXYS with ES?.

View attachment 266781

S/C

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
- Thanks Snowmow- I have a friend at work that say's I can borrow his if it will work for the application:

Email sent last night to you Tonka.. included my contact info with it also.- let me know if you don't get it.

T Y
S/C

SnowBaller

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Grand Forks, ND
Might be a dumb question but I'm still trying to figure out every detail before I get to work on my sled; do the throttle bodies have to be removed from the sled or can adjusting the TPS be done while everything is in/on the sled?

One more question:
To get the throttle blades fully closed all that is needed is backing off the idle screw, correct? No messing with the synchronization screw?

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
Might be a dumb question but I'm still trying to figure out every detail before I get to work on my sled; do the throttle bodies have to be removed from the sled or can adjusting the TPS be done while everything is in/on the sled?

One more question:
To get the throttle blades fully closed all that is needed is backing off the idle screw, correct? No messing with the synchronization screw?

No removal needed.

No messing with sync screw either.

1hr job tops. That includes 2 beer breaks.

sledr900

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2007
WSS, MT
Thanks!

Adjusted my 2013 Pro RMK this weekend. Very helpful post. Thanks everyone for the information.

Premium Features