• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Polaris 800 fix it kit

Dec 5, 2015
Minnesota
My riding partner has a 15 SBA 800. We want to do a fix it kit. Never done a top end before but figure we're up to it. You Tube has a few vids on it should be of help:face-icon-small-coo.
I hear that my 14 600 has the same design flaws so I'll probably do it also.
Any tips would be greatly appreciated. :juggle:
Would the piston to cylinder clearance spec. be included in the piston kit instructions? What about ring end gap? Torque specs included? Or is this all stuff I'll need to find out myself?
Would a guy use assembly lube on bearings, wrist pins and circlips, pistons, or just 2 stroke oil?
Is there any inexpensive easy things to do to increase HP while we are doing the top end?

Last edited:

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
Tell your riding partner to turn up the oiler to 50:1 and run it. Check compression (120psi) a couple of times a season and don't worry about it. The internet has the issue waaay overblown. Especially a 2015 should be good for at least 5k miles before you need a top end.

And regarding your 600, don't even think about touching that! The 600s are bullet proof.

No worries...

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
I wouldn't listen to Tuneman, because it will cost a lot more than just pistons if you go too long. I have torn down a few Pros including my '14, none of them had over 2,000 miles and the piston clearances were shot, to the point it needed re nick'd. My '16 will get a new set of pistons over the summer and again it will be under 2k miles.

Premium Features