• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Axys engine..... Any good?

maurfello

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2009
Washington
So I'll start off by saying I really like the power and handling of the new Axys RMK. However I have owned the following sleds - 09' Dragon, 12' PRO, and now a 15' PRO. No need talk about the Dragon, we all know that noise. The 12' PRO had nothing wrong with the engine I just bent up the chassis to the point that I could not get it to handle correctly, and only had 900ish miles on it. So now to the 15' PRO, 750ish miles and need a top end (low on compression). Always let them warm up to proper temp before taking off (very annal about this after the whole Dragon fiasco). So to my question, in all honesty have the Axys engines been going past 1'500....2,000....2,500 miles of real mountain riding?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
Surprised you had that issue with the 2015 Pro, I though they got most the kinks worked out of the motor mid-2012 or 2013, so 2015 should be much better than earlier... since I just picked up a used lo-miler 2015 I hope yours is the exception not the rule...

Premium Features