• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2011 bog issue help

rags319

Lifetime Membership
Dec 14, 2009
Cedar Rapids, Ia
I have a 2011 pro that started a bog last time out. Seems to be mostly at take off from a stop. Rode 4 days in a row. First to days were fine. 3rd day did it once. End off 4th it was getting pretty bad. Sled is stock with new pistons before the trip. Has 1500 miles. New fuel filter 300 miles ago. Anyone have any ideas. Should I have dealer check for codes. Did they have injector problems this year. Thanks

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Injector issues on 11's - yes, especially if you don't have yellow. 12's changed injector OEMs. Is your issue at tip in with the TSS - sticking, too much free play?

rags319

Lifetime Membership
Dec 14, 2009
Cedar Rapids, Ia
Injector issues on 11's - yes, especially if you don't have yellow. 12's changed injector OEMs. Is your issue at tip in with the TSS - sticking, too much free play?

What is meant by tip in. I will have to check freeplay. Injectors are fairly cheap on 11s. Can I just change them without a reflash on ECU. They are blue.

The Bob

Premium Member
Mar 1, 2008
MN
If you upgraded to the yellow injectors you would have to have the ECU reflashed for yellows. If you look at the sticker on the ECU it should say blue on it.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
What is meant by tip in.

Opening throttle from closed through drive belt engagement.

If the throttle free play when fully closed is excessive, e.g., the TSS can get triggered momentarily, causing a stutter or perceived bog.

My 11 came with yellow injectors, but I did occasionally experience a mid range bog after about 500 miles that would show up once or twice every other ride, both stock and after a piston/head kit, which is pretty common on the 11-13s. Map, injectors, fuel pump, TPS, ECU, don't know. These mid range bogs seemed to get quietly mapped out on the 14 and 15 pros, but they could just as easily been resolved by better quality sensors, faster ECU processors, etc., that poo doesn't reveal. For a motor that relies so heavily on sensor input, poo's electronics design and execution has not been stellar. That said, my 14 has never bogged, at least not yet. Has run flawlessly for 2k miles. Dunno.

rags319

Lifetime Membership
Dec 14, 2009
Cedar Rapids, Ia
What is meant by tip in. I will have to check freeplay. Injectors are fairly cheap on 11s. Can I just change them without a reflash on ECU. They are blue.

Guess injectors are yellow. Have blue on injector itself but yellow tag and ECU has yellow. So if I change them I shouldn't need a ECU remap correct. Thanks

Premium Features