• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2015/16 Togwotee Snow Conditions

RanOutofTalent

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2014
Western Montana
Leaving Sunday. Togwotee or snowies. Anybody have updates.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Just got back last night from 7 days at Togwotee. Snow was great and they are getting 12-22 right now and another storm to roll in monday/tueday. I would suggest Togwotee. It was getting a little tracked out after the Driven powersports customer appreciation ride but it will all be great again after this storm rolls through. I suggest taking a guide if you don't know the area.

dragonguy

Premium Member
Jul 9, 2010
minnesota
Had some guys come back from Steamboat last week was over the hood ridding every day.
There suppose to get another 3-4 feet this weekend. P.s couple of the guys live an hour away from Tog and said the snow sucks there.
Looks like most places have well over 200"

D

dootime3

Feb 10, 2013
Had some guys come back from Steamboat last week was over the hood ridding every day.
There suppose to get another 3-4 feet this weekend. P.s couple of the guys live an hour away from Tog and said the snow sucks there.
Looks like most places have well over 200"
We are going to leave tomorrow at 8am and are still undecided where we are going. We would like to go to Togwotee since we been there many times and love the area. But the recent storm didn't seem to drop all that much. Our other option we have been thinking about is Waldon. Never been there before.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

TurboT

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2008
W...Y...O
Just returned to Laramie from 4 days of riding the Togwotee area. New drop of snow between the 25-30 inch mark riding last Thursday-Sunday. Good snow but the base is very minimal. Throttle manipulation and picking good routes was key to staying on top of the snow. Creek bottoms still open in several areas but overall a great trip. Mocassin basin, Lava mountain area, and Two Oceans had good quality snow. Seemed like the higher elevation snow had a little better base than the lower areas like Brooks Lake. Replaced 3 a-arms all on different Axys platforms-watch out for logs and rocks still!

J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
Just FYI - the greater Jackson area is doing well. Togwotee is absolutely lacking though. There is excellent riding and a lot of it just one hour west of Togwotee (and more a bit South) that is prime right now. Great base. Few tracks.

DeathRowRacer

Lifetime Membership
Oct 27, 2013
Gillette, WY
So what's the deal? Togwotee just doesn't have a good base and generally low conditions? Heading out the first week in March, last time I was out there it wasn't that great either.......What the hell!!

J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
So what's the deal? Togwotee just doesn't have a good base and generally low conditions? Heading out the first week in March, last time I was out there it wasn't that great either.......What the hell!!

Few things. First, Togwotee often does well early in the season due to the weather pattern that often sets up in the late fall/early winter. With it being an El Nino year, this traditional pattern broke down which left every storm tracking over the Tetons prior to hitting Togwotee. This left little energy in these storms creating little snowfall.

This early season base then sat for nearly a month which lead to a ton of faceting. (the snow went rotten). This is the problem. There is a lot of faceting without much of a bridge. This warm spell may actually help lock things together and create a real base for the next round of snow.

Again, if you are headed to Togwotee you are 100% fine. Just go further West if things are thin/tricky.

D

duece1

Oct 26, 2008
1 hour west and a little south? Which area is this for? The greater Jackson area?

Thanks! We will be at Tog on Monday morning for the week! Have not explored much west of Tog.

D

druchti

Oct 23, 2009
SASQUATCH, MN
Hey was wondering how the snow is holding up out there?
Heading west tonight ...saw the weather has been warmer out there but looks like they picked up a few inches last night..was it pretty wet ? ..also curious if the snow is still good in the higher elevation areas?
Hoping the warmth hasn't gotten to it all!!

xj1978

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Wisconsin
Just left Lava mountain lodge this afternoon. Snow up high today was the best all week. Rode brooks lake backside of sunshine today and it rocked!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hooch88

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
any updates? leaving in a week, staying at lava mountain...thanks

hansenmac

Lifetime Membership
Oct 22, 2012
Deering ND
snow

stayed at togwotee lodge for four days got back on the 20th the snow was good but it was warm. thinking of going back anybody seen any new snow or know how set up its gotten.

800Gader

Premium Member
Apr 16, 2005
Wisconsin
At Crooked Creek

First day here and we found way better snow than we expected, actually had a great day. At 9500' and above, the snow in trees and North slopes was really good. Stuck a lot, no hero snow.

edgey

Premium Member
Jul 9, 2001
We're at togwotee and the snow is better than I thought rode moccasin today a foot of soft. snowed most of the day

S

SnowMan05

Jan 20, 2016
Heading out there this Tuesday the 15th, any recent reports? I'm kind of new to the area,(rode there over New Years didn't get too deep in there) any advise on which way to head for the good snow, or where to go. Also I'll be riding from wed to sat and it's just me and another if anyone would like to link up and ride together please let me know I'm looking for another group or a few people to ride with.

DUKHTR3

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Looks like u might hit it right. Good chances of snow early next week. I am hoping to make one more trip if they get dumped on.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

Premium Features