• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

06 F7 8.5 in Prim and 10.4 Sec What belt and other info.

J
Jan 7, 2017
Hi, My F7/F9 sled runs a 10.5 in Prim and a 10.4 Sec with D&D Red spring and 70 G Cat weights in the primary and Tan Spring and D&D Helix in the secondary ( Not sure angle off the top of my head ).
I run a Polaris 321104 Belt Similar in spec to the Cat 044. ( D&D Set this combo up new with a 8.25 Clutch )

Sled new came with a 8.25 but it kept blowing belts so it got switched to the 8.5 Clutch nothing else as far as I know has been changed and it runs good and belts seem to hold up.

I have been doing some reading and people talk about needing a longer belt with this clutch combo and what not and that the Secondary may need to be modded?I am just wondering what you guy's think, What belt should I run anything need to be done to clutchs?

IO have primary at Indy Dan's right now and Secondary at Formula X 1 for rebuilds.

Thunder101

Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
Well back when I ran that 8.5 drive clutch it was on chain case fire cats w Poo belts and you had to mod the secondary

J
Jan 7, 2017
I run a Polaris 321104 Belt Similar in spec to the Cat 044 and don't have any issues, Ill look up the ones you guy's listed I am guessing they are longer, first time iv seen them come up in the research I have done.

Premium Features