• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2011 m8 set up.

M
Nov 26, 2007
Terrace BC Canada
Ok boys and girls, picking up a 2011 m8 162 snow pro tomorrow. I haven't ridin in 3 years. My Last sled was a pretty well tricked out 03 900 that I had for 10 years.
The '11 has an slp pipe and vforce reeds and the rest is stock. Just looking for some things I should be keeping an eye on and some good mods I should be doing. Ill be getting a vent kit, I'd like to fix the horrible sloppy steering post. I recall there being an aftermarket bushing?
Let me know what else I should be doing!
Thanks.

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
on the post just pull out the plastic inserts and grind the mating surfaces down a bit add grease and tighten up till snug. your biggest thing is to upgrade the DD bearing to the double row bearing and then ride the piss out of it. many threads on this. you will have a blast on one of the toughest sleds built.

M

meierjn

Nov 11, 2008
There is a good sticky in this forum regarding the DD bearing failure issue and better alternatives for replacement. Also, I believe BDX makes a better/heavy duty busing for steering post. Enjoy the new Ride!

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
If you have the adjustable post, ditch that thing. Get either an aftermarket solid one or the base model post.

Diamond Drive bearing as mentioned, should be the first thing you do.

I'd say the second thing would be to deal with the rear suspension that you'll probably hate, because everyone does. Just get a coil over rear shock. I spent tons of money on revalves and finally an air cannister extension that does finally do what I wanted, but just replacing that rear float with a coil would have been easier.

Handling-wise, a 36" front end will make that thing turn and sidehill infinitely better.

I don't think the stock skis are all that bad, but some polaris grippers are certainly a good bit better.

I have the 2011 hcr 800 and I threw a 3 inch camoplast track on and it fells like an entirely different sled I would ditch the 2.6 and go for the bigger lugs for an amazingly better amount of traction. I personally love the powder pro skis. I do not like the adjustable steering just because of the slop it has, it just becomes ridiculously bad. I just bought a boondocker turbo kit for this sled and I'm waiting to install it more towards winter and plan on getting MDS clutch adjustable clutch weights. Overall the 2011 M series sleds are my personal favorite and best arctic cat has over manufactured. You got yourself an awesome sled!

M
Nov 26, 2007
Terrace BC Canada
Yup I agree, the steering post has to go. I've used powder pros in the past and love them. I'd like to do the 3 inch but heard its a tight fit. Where can I get a head light delete kit? Anybody know?

My 3 inch track fits without any rubbing that i have noticed. I see you can get delete kits almost from any aftermarket sled company. Do please get the vent kit as well it is worth every penny to get that damn hot air out! I know there are a few people on here that make kits with designs on them as well as colors too!

Premium Features