• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Project MB - Mini Boondocker

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com
Today's sled shows and magazines are filled with brand new sled builds showing off the new product a company has to offer for that sled. We have been guilty of this as well and have decided to do a retro build on the sled most EVERYONE rode at one time or another. M-Series sleds were everywhere back in the day because the sled really worked well. There are a ton of riders out there still on these sleds and we want to let them know that we haven't forgotten about what made the Pro RMK so popular.
Another problem today is that dads like myself who have younger kids who love to Boondock but not many sled options from the OEM's.

Project "MB" Mini Boondocker will be our summer project. We are taking a 2006 M5 and putting all the goodies on it and making it kid friendly. Over the next few months we will make the transformation of this sled a public build so we will be sharing what we do and why we're doing it. After the sled is complete we will be bringing it to Haydays to display along side the new sleds. So if you are interested in this build make sure you "Like" AND "Follow" us on Facebook or subscribe to this thread while we get this beast transformed into the ultimate kid boondocking machine. We hope to do one per year so we cover all the sleds available on the used market. We've already started tearing the M5 down.

Thanks,
Paul

niner

Lifetime Membership
Mar 16, 2008
Lacombe Alberta
I'm one of the guys still loving the m. Would like to see a version of the foot well mod on this. Helps getting the feet further forward. And a shortened and lowered stock seat. The 36" front end from alt would help it boondock also.

hd4rob

Lifetime Membership
Jan 6, 2010
Lake Park, MN
Paul, this a perfect build. Watching/building a $20,000 mod sled for your self is fun, but watching your son/daughter come into and enjoy the sport on something built for them is priceless! Every sled my wife has riden has been put together with her in mind(she did not start riding till she was 31) and feel it has made her a better rider(along with the help of Amber Holt) and lover of the sport, both my son and daughter will get the same treatment as they come up in their riding world.

Snowmixer

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2014
Snohomish, WA
Looking good so far! Would you happen to know what the maximum lug size that can be run with the stock drivers would be?

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com
The project has been coming along most of the summer. Last round of parts came in earlier this week so the boy and I got to work. Fly Racing bar set up about 4" lower than stock. SLP Mohawk ski's to guide the Z-Broz a-arms. Straightline Performance ice scratchers for those crusty days and graphics will be in today! IN NEED OF A FLYSCREEN if anyone has one they want to sell....BLACK,

Last edited:

mountaincat 800

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2001
Utah
What a lucky kid. I'm starting my own new to me M7 project. Love the origanal M chassis. Good job guys!

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com
What a lucky kid. I'm starting my own new to me M7 project. Love the origanal M chassis. Good job guys!

It's been so much fun, he's learned a ton and I think he will be a little more careful while riding after putting all this work into the sled. Let me know if you need anything for YOUR build......the stuff is fresh in my mind. LOL

mountaincat 800

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2001
Utah
Who's rear tunnel section did you use? That looks pretty sick with the wrap and tail light.

mountaincat 800

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2001
Utah
Looks like you went with a longer tunnel. Gonna put a 153" under it?
Can a guy get just that tunnel piece? How much?

Premium Features