• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2005 AC M-7 convert for watercross

R
Apr 20, 2015
Hi, I have a 2005 M-7 that I want to convert over for watercross, It's got 6,000 miles on the original motor, won't get what I paid for it so I want to give this watercross thing a go. I have found alot of info on the web about sealing the tub off and making sure no water into clutches and such but I can't seem to find any info on what to do as far as waterproofing the electronics on newer sleds. Will the water hurt the computer and the digital dash display or anything else when they sink? Or are these sealed units that generally hold up to water damage?

R
Apr 20, 2015
Thanks, i will do that. Any idea what the arctic cat digital gauges and the computer, other electrical components are worth on one of these? I sunk it already this spring but it wasnt under long and it wasnt quite deep enough to submerge the gauge completely. Fired it back up with no problems so far but am still worried about repeated sinking and the effects.

C

coolx2

Nov 29, 2007
I wouldn't worry the electronics. I sank my pro watercrossing a lot. Never had a problem with the gauges.I would disconnect the headlight though. the bulbs dont like cold water when they are hot.

I

inspector01

Mar 21, 2013
MN
We always pull out the headlights/gauges on skipping sleds, saves weight and prevents damage. Dielectric the connections so they don't rust, and you should be fine. Electronics are surprisingly resilient with water, but the more you dry them out before firing it up, the better.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
If you pull the headlights on the M7s, you need to add some type of resistor to the headlight circuit to use up some juice. Possibility of burning some things up if you don't.

Premium Features