• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best clutch and engine setup for M7?!

JordanWilliams

Lifetime Membership
Sep 26, 2013
Eastern South Dakota
Looking to mod my m7. Planning on putting a high comp. head on it. What else goes good with it? What's the best pipe setup for me out there. I know these sleds are pretty picky and being modded so I wanna know what people have had the best luck with! Racin station let me know what you think! Not looking to big bore. Just squeeze some more out of what I have without spending big money!!!!

Cat00

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I had an 05 m7 with D&D y pipe and pipe, skinz can, speedwerx 13-1 head rk-tek secondary kit on a 10.4 clutch and a 2.25 powerclaw track. It ran very well I had no complaints.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
I had an 05 m7 with D&D y pipe and pipe, skinz can, speedwerx 13-1 head rk-tek secondary kit on a 10.4 clutch and a 2.25 powerclaw track. It ran very well I had no complaints.

X2. I have a full D&D single setup from y-pipe to can, head, RKT secondary, 10.4 secondary sheaves and 2.5 camoplast track. Oil pump turned down 2 turns on the linkage arm from stock and running a thunder products injector perfecter in the fuel line to drop the fuel pressure some. It just works.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
You have a 13:1 head or 14:1?

I'm not sure to be honest. I was in high school at the time it was put on and didn't care to ask. I just knew it was more than stock haha. It is a Peak Performance head, which I think is out of business now since I haven't heard anything about them for several years.

M
Mar 18, 2011
Manitoba
Looking to mod my m7. Planning on putting a high comp. head on it. What else goes good with it? What's the best pipe setup for me out there. I know these sleds are pretty picky and being modded so I wanna know what people have had the best luck with! Racin station let me know what you think! Not looking to big bore. Just squeeze some more out of what I have without spending big money!!!!
rktek head, Formula x-1, Mel's secondary rebuild, adjustable weights & powerclaw.

sleddude

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima WA
My 06 M7 engine was all stock but the newer 2.6 Power claw was a great mod and the army green spring in the secondary with Orange/Black primary spring really woke that thing up.

Stack

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Midwest
My M7 was setup for low elevation, I was not initially impressed with the power but after some bolt-on mods I really liked it. The 10.4 secondary upgrade was a nice improvement, I also did a D&D single pipe and Y pipe for low elevation. At the time I also did the float conversion for the rear suspension and liked that setup

-Stack

BD-Xtreme

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
mods

Our Speed Shop division can modify your stock head for a higher compression ratio. $180.

We also do a pipe mod to the stock pipe that works very good. It adds 6-7 hp, and we have had some dynoed at dynotech research before that made 9 hp over stock. So the pipe mod works really well, especially for the money.
Only $249 and you can put your heat shield back on for a stock look if you want when it's done.

The timing keys work well too, for only $15, it's easy power.

http://www.speedshopinc.com/index.php?id_category=33&controller=category

Premium Features