• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best M-series seat

Best seat for the M-series

• Stock Seat

Votes: 27 6.3%
  • Arctic Cat Shorty Seat

Votes: 250 58.0%
  • Boss Highrise Seat

Votes: 102 23.7%
  • Wasatch Recreational Products Mountain Assault Seat

Votes: 23 5.3%
  • Skinz Protective Gear Airframe Seat

Votes: 29 6.7%

• Total voters

AaronBND

Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2005
Cascade Mnts, OR.
I just picked up a brand new shorty seat for mine and changed my mind after getting it. I have an old style Boss seat on it now and was amazed by how much heavier even the shorty seat is than my old Boss seat. Decided to keep the old Boss and the shorty is now in the "for sale" section.

Aaron

Vertical-Extreme

Lifetime Membership
Sep 15, 2008
Airdrie, Alberta
www.airdriejudo.ca
I just picked up a brand new shorty seat for mine and changed my mind after getting it. I have an old style Boss seat on it now and was amazed by how much heavier even the shorty seat is than my old Boss seat. Decided to keep the old Boss and the shorty is now in the "for sale" section.

Aaron

there is a significant weight difference between the two. I have both as well. the kicker for me was the lack of storage in the older boss. awesome seat but can't put anything in it. and I refuse to put a new golf bag (boss) seat on my sled. so I am sticking with the 2010 cat for now. someone mentioned the mountain mod seat, does anyone have pics or know how big the storage area is on those?

M
Nov 26, 2007
seattle
Man i have an old Boss on my sled and love it so much. But if money was not an issue and i had some to spare i would totaly get one of those Skins seats they look amazing!

colorado_matt

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
COLORADO
very nice, great seat, old Boss was awesome without all the compartments, can probably get a use one for less than $300

So you think the one I got for $60 at a pawn shop was a good deal? :) I love it! I'd really like one of the low short boss seats but don't think I'll be able to get a better deal than I did. I'll post a pic when I'm on my computer rather than phone.

S

sonmtn

Dec 29, 2007
Deer Lodge, Montana
i have the old boss and like it alot my son has the newer boss and has had zipper and seam issues like other have. Now the wife on the other hand loves the cat shorty, the older boss was on her sled first and she found it uncomfortable compared to the cat?

A
Nov 26, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Real backcountry riders don't need a seat.

IMG_0085.jpg

This is my second season without a seat and I really don't mind not having one. Less weight and and I don't have to jump over it all day.

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com
Both are very nice seats....we sell both and have ridden both.

The Skinz seat is going to be lighter and the WRP seat will be more comfortable.

WRP seats ship within a day.

Skinz seats will be here in the next 10 days but we only have 3 and they'll go fast.

65pony123

Oct 1, 2010
heypal and badazz

what tunnel conversions do you guys have on? sorry back on topic

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
isnt it a pain going down the trail with out a seat?

He's just a bad azz!

I'm to lazy to ride without a seat and hate the weight of a heavy pack on my back. Everyone else sure likes my stock shorty, I pack the tools, repair stuff, and what ever else you can stuff in that rabbit hole. Just wish the 3 goggles I lent out would find there way back in there.

vdo1948

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eastern South Dakota
Love my old Boss seat on the M7 for comfort and grip. Wish it had more space. Love the space in my new Cat seat on the '11 M8 but find it quite slick when I drop a knee on the seat.

D

Desperado

Nov 29, 2007
New Meadows
Does anyone know about the Bret Ras seat that has been talked about? I e-mailed his site but no response. Also looking for some pictures of it. As for me I have the 09 cat boss seat and it sucks!!!!! Hard, bubbles, small storage, zippers suck, stitching unraveling, snaps that hold the thing down ripped out. The ONLY thing I like about it is the seat is higher than stock. I sure wish I rode around some folks who had the skinz or wrp seat. Part of the reason I snow checked my sled in 09 was for this POS seat.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
the only thing I don't like about the skinz seat is that it LOOKS (speculation on the interwebz warning) like the bracing is right where I tend to put my knee when riding across a light angle but not sidehilling... it seems like that would hurt.

My 11 seat has seen some big impacts now in my miles & I've crunched the seat a bit, but it pops right back (pops right back, I'm not having to reach in there & do anything to it), I'm pretty impressed with this thing. I wish there was more padding, but as long as the blow molded section keeps popping back I'm fine with it!

H

hatchers

Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
www.snowestonline.com
09 sno pro boss/cat seat gets my vote, solid!

the new cat shorty is a great cheap stock seat, but the angle of the storage entry is dumb

that skins seat look nice, but far too soft for my flavor, too narrow, too loose on the frame it comes with

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
09 sno pro boss/cat seat gets my vote, solid!

For the record, best seat DESIGN I've used. Light, comfy, good storage, no slush in front of the seat opening...

And at the same time... WORST implementation. That seat fell apart, de-laminated, zipper broke, soaked my stuff inside... the thing was horribly made.

but great design in theory.

F

FCR112

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Feb 1, 2008
I'm pretty sure the best M seat is one of the three old skool one's I have fer sale in the swapmeet:spit:

Premium Features