• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2014 pro randomly dieing?

80arrow

Lifetime Membership
Feb 3, 2008
Grand Rapids MN
I just got back from the Snowies and my sled was acting up out there. About mid-week it started to die occasionally, it always seemed to at the worst time, naturally. It would be after I would be going slow, around a meadow or lake looking for a line through the trees. Once I found a line I would start up, wide open, and make it about 2-3 sled lengths and it would die like you hit the kill switch, as soon as you stopped it would fire up first pull. The kill switch is moved so I'm not hitting that, we unhooked the tether, and checked the connectors by the steering post. We also changed spark plugs. It has a Silber turbo and reflashed stock ecu, which worked last year when I rode it. What/where else do you guys think I should check? I'm going to post in the turbo section also. Thanks, Clint

Luvinit

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Sask,Canada
My 2015 was doing the same thing last week, found moisture in the coil plugs, tore everything apart and put dielectric grease on every plug, ran good yesterday.

D
Mar 20, 2009
Do you have a boondocker control box on it ? On my control box , the wires that go into the first plug from the control box , the wires that went into the plastic housing of the plug in came loose that ran the fuel pump , and it was like you hit the kill switch. I got that fixed and my problem went away.

800xtreme

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Do you have a Polaris tether? I had two go bad on me this year. They cause electrical cut-out issues. Unplug it and give it a try.

80arrow

Lifetime Membership
Feb 3, 2008
Grand Rapids MN
Thanks guys.

I'll check the grounds.

We checked the spark plug caps but not coil ends, I'll give them a look also.

No control box

We had unhooked the tether wires and it made no difference.

In the turbo section it was mentioned to lengthen my throttle cable. I had adjusted it when I was out west and to start with when I turned all the way to right it would die. I lengthened it back out and it wouldn't die but maybe I didn't go far enough. Thanks for the ideas, Clint

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
throttle cable adjustment should be done so you have just a slight amount of free play with the throttle lever, I think the spec is like .030"

Another thought that comes to mind is hitting the DET sensor. This can happen so quick that the light doesnt always flash but it will stop the sled dead in its tracks. We had a 15 that did this for weeks while trying to figure it out. You can unbolt the knock sensor from the head to test and see if it fixes the problem. Eric

Premium Features