• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Gates 44C4553

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
Gates 44C4553 Carbon Fiber belt will be the only belt I will run on my PROs from now on. IMO they are superior to the 115 and half the price.

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
Since I have yet to see one, what about them makes you determined to run them over the 1115? I kind of thought the recommended Polaris belt was kind of the gold standard for these sleds.

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
Since I have yet to see one, what about them makes you determined to run them over the 1115? I kind of thought the recommended Polaris belt was kind of the gold standard for these sleds.

Yes, the 115 belt to date has been the Gold Standard and my only belt recommendation. I have not been an advocate for any aftermarket belt. They have all fallen short of their claims or failed my testing.
I have put over 500 hard miles on one belt. It hooks harder, runs cooler, and it doesn't have the RPM fade associated with the 115 belt after continuous heavily loaded runs.
We installed "my belt" on another Riders sled, in the field for a test this weekend, and he witnessed the same results. I believe this will be his belt of choice going forward. He immediately purchased one and installed it.

Last edited:
A
Nov 26, 2007
Elko, NV.
Good to hear. It would sure be nice if some company could actually improve on a product at a lower price, I might have to try one. I've tried Gates in the past with miserable results, I hope the C12 is the real deal.

Last edited:
S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
Tony.... Thanks for all the hard work and time you spend testing and running all the different upgrades. When we get home, changing the belt will be the first thing I do.

I know the guy that Tony swapped the belt on this weekend. The difference was so big that he called me and said ... "hunt down that belt wherever you are, the difference is HUGE!"

C
Dec 24, 2014
Perfect timing! I just changed the original belt out this morning. With ~650 miles on, it is starting to pull cords. I have been using the also much cheaper Cat 048 belt, which is on the sled now, and seems to also work just as well as the 115. I will order up a Gates Carbon today and give it a go, sounds promising.

NapaMatt

Matryx 850 Pow Slayer!
Lifetime Membership
Mar 13, 2009
Stewartville, MN
www.napaonline.com
Well gates havn't really stated selling this belt to mass qty.. yet.. as in the gates warehouse I only see 8 of them..

So everyone.. don't order one at the same time lol

I'll give the Snowester's a Deal.. $100.00 Shipped! lower 48..

PM me if you want more info or to place an order!

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
We have been running a Gates 49C4266 Carbon belt on the 2015 Ski-Doo 174 and 163 for the last week. Switching it out between sleds, big improvement here as well. You don't see the black clutches associated with the Doo belt. It hooks hard.
Here is a picture of the primary clutch with a stock ....391 belt and I will add a picture of a clutch after running the Carbon belt.
The boys are dumping their Doo belts and buying the Gates Carbon.

image.jpg

Last edited:
S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
Tony helping us Pro guys is awesome, but the Etech guys. We may need to have a discussion behind the cabin about that. :face-icon-small-ton

Premium Features