• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Exhause valve solenoid leaking

M
Nov 27, 2007
Farmington, MN
I have a 2014 RMK 600, 1200 miles, stock. The fuel line tube that comes out of the exhaust valve solenoid is wet at the bottom of the belly pan. Also, my throttle response on this machine is no where near as good as my flat lander sled 2013 Indy SP 600 with 1500 miles. BTW, the Indy fuel line tube that comes out of the exhaust valve solenoid is bone dry. Fuel filter on the Indy is brand new, fuel filter on RMK is still stock. Is any of that even related? All reeds are stock. Thanks in advance.

Eric

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
Having the hose weep black oily good is normal. It can make a heck of a mess on the garage floor or on the trailer.

Throttle response could be just a matter of clutching.

At 1200 miles it's probably time to replace the fuel filter but I don't know if that is going to affect your throttle response.

sled_guy

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
You should be seeing low rpm blowby out of the VES solenoid on the Indy, too. I'd suspect the hose is plugged if it's perfectly clean at the business end of the hose. Many of us reroute that hose with longer std fuel line to the chaincase drain area in the belly, among other options, depending on how you store the sled (where it won't end up in a perpetual ice ball all winter). Goal is to get the spewy away from the clutches. It's a dumb design on poos part, regardless.

Can't speak directly to the RMK's throttle response, could be anything from the fuel filter to a sacked clutch spring, etc. The RMK should actually be more responsive, with lower gearing and a deeper lug track. The stock indy 6, non-SP track is like a slipper on snow. 1.25 ripsaw II really wakes up the indy 6.

M
Nov 27, 2007
Farmington, MN
Thanks for the info. I'll dig into this further and see what I can find. I bought the RMK used a month ago, whoever had it before me had the belt too tight and it would squeal. So I loosened it up with the adjuster nut on the secondary, but maybe I went too far, the belt slack is 1.25" per the manual - I'll double check that too. We might get 2" of sick powder tonight, doubling what I have in the yard, so I'll make some test runs tomorrow.

Eric

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Eric, do yourself a favor if you can - put a new belt on it, unless you know the one you have has less than 200 miles and it has no cords pulled. Set belt deflection so the track will just turn on its own at idle, but never squeal. Have the sled warmed up, and the track not stone cold. Best way to set deflection. If the springs are sacked in the primary or secondary, or the bushings are worn, you can get stiction there, too. May be worth a going over. Good luck.

Premium Features