• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

RMK 144" to 159" extension Questions!

S
Feb 28, 2015
extending my 2012 rmk 144" to a 159"
have iceage 159" rails
new Camoplast 159" track
and tunnel extension

do my rear mounts on the tunnel need to be relocated for the 159"
or is it a direct bolt up?

any pics and advice would help

Thanks

C

CDK

Sep 5, 2011
extending my 2012 rmk 144" to a 159"
have iceage 159" rails
new Camoplast 159" track
and tunnel extension

do my rear mounts on the tunnel need to be relocated for the 159"
or is it a direct bolt up?

any pics and advice would help

Thanks

I did the same thing with rail extensions. No relocating was necessary with the extensions; it will depend if the Ice Age rails have the same mounting points for the suspension as the factory rails. Should be able to measure the holes and compare quickly to confirm. It was a great mod, made all the difference in powder. I geared down at the same time, which also helped.

S
Feb 28, 2015
I did the same thing with rail extensions. No relocating was necessary with the extensions; it will depend if the Ice Age rails have the same mounting points for the suspension as the factory rails. Should be able to measure the holes and compare quickly to confirm. It was a great mod, made all the difference in powder. I geared down at the same time, which also helped.

Thanks
i ended up needin to move the rear mounts back about 3.5 inches .
took it for a few rides, love the 159"
what kind of gearin did u go with?

C

CDK

Sep 5, 2011
I believe I just went down one tooth on the top gear. Been a few years, little fuzzy now. Throw up some pics showing how you relocated the rear mount back.

Premium Features