• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

switchback assault 146 rails

J

joel t

Dec 6, 2013
Mi
Looking to go from 144 to one 146 rails does any one no if older assault rails fit 2011 and up also or other option I no ice age makes them don't want to spend 500 on rails if don't have to

S

SWITCHMAN

Apr 25, 2012
Hudson, WI
I put a 146" x 1.75" track on my '13 SBA. Just changed the drivers to 2.86. Plenty of room on the rear wheels to take up the extra length.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J

joel t

Dec 6, 2013
Mi
Thanks for the info wanted to find out what other people were doing before I started the swap

F
Oct 19, 2011
Track is broke in, and tight per spec. Plenty of room with a 146x2.4 series 5.1 Polaris track with RMK 2.86 drivers. Sled is amazing in the deep stuff!

rails.jpg

Killer Time Racing

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2008
Lower Michigan
Track is broke in, and tight per spec. Plenty of room with a 146x2.4 series 5.1 Polaris track with RMK 2.86 drivers. Sled is amazing in the deep stuff!

Throw on a Comp and Extros/ antistab .... Amazing trails and tail dragging wheelies all day long . Scares the bejeasous out of people going the other way ... I look like a Cockrocket going down the trail :):):):):):).. and it still corners on rails if you move up on the bars !!

Defiantly not the setup most are looking for but I ride backcountry here in Michigan and it defiantly has its advantages. I can throw the front over a log or bush at will and on the tail is the smoothest way through most swamps ..

I use a Pro RMK for out west so I'm not trying to change it for steep climbs were this would be the exact opposite of a good setup .. and I ride the trails just fine and in control when I need to .. but why would you if you didnt have to?? Just to be bored and pretend your on a Doo-Doo( rider forward haha suckers )

Last edited:
J

joel t

Dec 6, 2013
Mi
That's what I got stock shaft from standerd rmk been gather parts for summer project thought there would be enough room for a 146 but looked tight next will be air frames to get rid of these stupid running boards all ready narrowed the front with rmk arms

Killer Time Racing

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2008
Lower Michigan
That's what I got stock shaft from standerd rmk been gather parts for summer project thought there would be enough room for a 146 but looked tight next will be air frames to get rid of these stupid running boards all ready narrowed the front with rmk arms

If I was to do it again I would get the parts to narrow my body also. Especially if you haven't done the boards yet .. the RMKs are narrower than Switchbacks .

Not sure of all the parts but for sure lower fenders and foot stirrups.

J

joel t

Dec 6, 2013
Mi
I looked in to that when I broke over structure but it was $$$ and my dealer warrantied the over structure

Premium Features