• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

TPS.....more things to check on your new Pro....

C
Dec 24, 2014
Sorry if I missed it but has polaris corrected this for 14?

I don't think so. My 14 has a slightly low idle that it doesn't like to snap out of, seems to be loading up a little. I think I hit the det sensor because it went into limp mode. Restarting cured the limp mode and it pulled rpm all day just fine. Idle is still wonky though.

Is it worth taking to the dealer? Are they going to be able to correct the adjustment? Sled only has 700 miles but it seems to be getting a little worse than when it was new.

F

fast8seccamaro

Oct 22, 2010
Thorsby Alberta
2015 pro 800 wouldnt rev over 8000rpm and eratic idle at times. Took it to the dealer and TPS was out of spec and a stuck throttle code that they said was from the TPS being out of spec. Hopefully it revs to 8250rpm in the alpine now!

Q
Jan 10, 2014
Mines in limp mode wont rev above 3500rpm check engine and battery light on (non es model)
So no ones actually had low voltage (1.5v in my case) back probing tps with sled running?
Guess I'll update as I find out hoping its not ecu.
I'd imaging if it was my voltage regulator I'd get quite a few strange things going on if it wasnt supplying my ecu with correct voltage in the first place not just one code.? :noidea:

RMK900Tractor

Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2008
Eau Claire, WI
I need some help clarifying my numbers.

I purchased a TPS testing harness from tonks1020 off E-bay so I can now read my numbers with my Fluke 87 V5 DVM.

The one thing that concerns / confused me is when i probe the harness from the ECU I get 4.998v (TPS disconnected). However, when I connect the test harness between the TPS and ECU I only get 4.123v. I was expecting to still see 4.998v or close to that. If I move the ground from the harness to the chassis then I get the 4.998. Does this seem correct?

Also, when I probe the TPS output using the harness ground I get .874 which is know is too low so I need to go through the calibration process which I understand to be:
- .710 throttle plate closed
- .940 to set idle.

I am wondering if my TPS sensor is bad? I did score a piston last year but attributed that to a plugged fuel filter or a froze injector but was never able to confirm that.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

vwsprite

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2008
mazama, wa
I clipped a cell charger which runs at 5v also. Little easier to lug around but not really portable. Shop tool. If I recall base line is w idle screw all the way out, right? Then loosen screws and adjust tps. Then turn idle screw back in till proper idle numbers are reached

sierraclimber

Premium Member
Dec 14, 2009
Oakhurst, CA (western sierra)
Great info on this old thread. I purchased a tps tool from tpstool.com It comes with a variety of plugs including one for the Pro. You just plug it in at the tps connector behind the oil tank. It has a 9 volt battery that powers the system and off you go. No need to hack the sled wiring and supply power yourself or buy an expensive volt meter. I followed the instructions in this thread for adjusting the values and it worked great. Strong idle now and it doesn't die going into reverse any more.

Premium Features