• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Arctic Cat vs. Polaris

Escmanaze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
USA
Hi Everybody,
I'm currently looking at late model and new arctic cat 120's compared with late model and new polaris 120's. Does anybody know the differences between them?

Thanks

Scott

Idcatman3

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
As far as I know, there are few if any differences that actually make any difference. The Cat uses a Yamaha engine, has for a few years now.

It's pretty much about whether you want to be brand loyal, and what you can find cheaper.

rmkfire

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Oconomowoc, WI
Racing 120's

After Racing these for three years I have learned that the Polaris are the fastest in the stock class due to factory gearing. The Arctic Cats have a stronger chassis if you end up putting a 206 in it and is a little cheaper to put that engine in an Arctic Cat. Polaris is easier to change the valve springs on. Arctic Cat comes with a 420 chain that has less rolling resistance than the stock 40 chain. If you remove the governor gear you can get these engines cranking over 7,000 RPM's. Polaris still has a trailing arm suspension vs the A arm setup Cat has.

Premium Features