• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

PRODUCT ANNOUNCEMENT - OIL RESERVOIR NECK SLEEVE

D

DAN03REV

Oct 20, 2008
ALGONA, IOWA
Got mine and it did take a bit of heat to install it

Bit of warning and advice to others

When I installed mine, it cut a sliver of plastic off the tank itself and luckily I saw it before it sunk into the oil.

So just be careful and look into the tank after install

The edges could be a bit smoother to avoid this

good point to note .. Bottom I noticed on some sleeves here had a sharp edge .. I took emery to dull it down .. Check sleeve when you receive just to be sure not sharp .. I catch pretty much all of em tho .. Thank you for that feedback

T

towngrunt

Apr 17, 2008
Sent a payment via pay pal for a sleeve to fit a 2011 PRO and was curious if payment was received and approximate date of shipping? Looks like you may be back ordered slightly which is no big deal just need to know if you received payment. Thanks Harper

S
Nov 28, 2007
Spokane, Wa
profile.myspace.com
didn't see this thread until now, found you by searching the old fashioned way! I ordered one for my 11, it fixed the issue and worked great!! now my buddies 11 is doing the same thing and I ordered 3 more for my 12, his 11 and my BFs 12!!

comes in a few days, super easy to order and install... like it!

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Dan I bought half a dozen of these. Put them on Doo and one Poo. All have worked perfect except on our very last ride. On a 2012 XP the sled puked oil all day. We noticed it first on a roll over but all day it just dripped out the bottom. Also, it didn't seem to burn much oil, that particular sled burns nearly twice the oil of it's twin on the same day. Didn't seem to burn much that day. I would have thought with the oil pouring out and oil being burned it would have a very low tank by the end of the day but it didn't. For the first time this year it used less. Bizarro world or what? When I filled it the trailer was leaning a little left which puts the tank high but I didn't fill it over the little lip inside the tank that is the full mark. Ideas?

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
I would give the oil pump a real close look over before I ran that sled again, unless you're sure the oil was coming from the cap. Not fun on an XP. Look at the check valve, too

D

DAN03REV

Oct 20, 2008
ALGONA, IOWA
Dan I bought half a dozen of these. Put them on Doo and one Poo. All have worked perfect except on our very last ride. On a 2012 XP the sled puked oil all day. We noticed it first on a roll over but all day it just dripped out the bottom. Also, it didn't seem to burn much oil, that particular sled burns nearly twice the oil of it's twin on the same day. Didn't seem to burn much that day. I would have thought with the oil pouring out and oil being burned it would have a very low tank by the end of the day but it didn't. For the first time this year it used less. Bizarro world or what? When I filled it the trailer was leaning a little left which puts the tank high but I didn't fill it over the little lip inside the tank that is the full mark. Ideas?

check the oring to see if it is seated good .. is the top of reservoir neck cut level ?? ..

Mark's RMK

Lifetime Membership
May 5, 2010
Sturgeon Lake, MN
2013 Install

Put my sleeve on my 2013 over the weekend. Heated moderately with a heat gun and it went right in, much easier than my 03/04 Edge sleds. Maybe when it's new it hasn't had a chance to go oblong and the older sleds had to move back to being round?

Great product.

wjl

Lifetime Membership
Mar 29, 2008
Eden, UTAH
Removed mine from the xp (selling) and installed it into the 2013 pro. Just the ticket.:face-icon-small-hap

Snow4life

Lifetime Membership
Sep 30, 2012
Aberdeen, South Dakota
Removed mine from the xp (selling) and installed it into the 2013 pro. Just the ticket.:face-icon-small-hap
I bout one of these last year for my 2011 summit and it worked great. then traded it off last week for a 13 pro, didnt even think about taking that out!! :face-icon-small-fro

Premium Features