• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Big Dog get together Turbo display

tillbuilt

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Henderson, Co.
Timbersled of Colorado is ready and packed for the event!!!!

I am leaving Wednesday mid day.

I have a 6 bikes in the trailer. 36 gal of AV gas, and everything need for a great weekend. The top dog is the KMS turbo Yamaha Yz450F, then the Husaberg FX660, and the hot Randy 300 two stroke.

I look forward to seeing you all!!

picture.php

tillbuilt

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Henderson, Co.
The last few days have been lots of fun at the Hahn's Peak Roadhouse. There are close to 30 bikes here from two strokes, to Snow Hawks to turboed bikes. The snowmobile riders here can not believe what is going on. There are single ski tracks in places that no one has ever taken a sled.

The shootout happens today. We will find out who is making the biggest power on the hill.

I personally hope a Boondocker turbo will show up. There does not seem that anyone wants to show one off. There is representation from the home built turbos and KMS, but I have not seen anything else.

tillbuilt

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Henderson, Co.
It's oficial!!!!

Gordon on his 800 Snow Hawk is the Big Dog of the event!!!! It was a very close competition and the final run was won by less than 5'. The two bike's that ran for the rights were Gordon from Ut. on his 800 Snow Hawk, and Toby on a Yamaha YZ450F KMS Turbo.

Turbo class was won by Toby on a 2015 Yamaha YZ450F KMS Performance Turbo, Timbersled ST

Two Stroke bike class was won by Phil on a KTM 300, Timbersled SX 121

Naturally aspirated bike was won by Les on a Yamaha YZ450F, Timbersled 121

Snow Hawk 800 class was won by Gordon on a 800, 154 track

Snow Hawk 600 class was won by Robby from PA.

picture.php

We all had such a good time, the rilvery between Hawkers and Snow Bikers was the icing on the cake. Hawkers and Snow Bikers mix like oil and water, but the riders are all cut from the same mold. The friendships that were formed on the mountain will carry on for years to come.

Timbersled of Colorado was on the mountain with a fleet of bikes allowing riders to throw a leg over all of their bikes to see what kind of bike and Timbersled system fit their riding style best. They had 2015 Yamaha YZ450F 2015 Timbersled ST, 2014 Yamaha WR450F 2015 Timbersled ST, 2015 Yamaha YZ450F KMS Turbo Timbersled ST, 2010 Husaberg FX660 Timbersled LT, 2014 KTM 300XC 2014 Timbersled SX, and a 2014 Yamaha WR450F Timbersled LT.

KMS Performance was also on site for answers on their turbo systems and the performance they can provide for your equipment. Kelly is such a turbo enthusiast, he was found in the trailer willingly giving technical support to a home built turbo bike that had none of KMS's equipment on it. What a stand up guy and a great company to work with!!!!

TRAX the movie was on the mountain every day filming for the comming release of a movie based on the history of single ski snow machines and how they have evolved into the incredible machines we ride and love today.

The Hahn's Peak Roadhouse was a awesome place to host this event, with live music every night and great food, you could not ask for more accomadting host.

There were riders that represented as far away as, Canada, Washington, Utah, Colorado, South Dakota, and Pensilvania.

I think everyone had a good time and are looking forward to the next event. We might go to Togowtee or back to Hahn's Peak same Presidents' Day weekend 2016.

Last edited:

scooter4x40

Lifetime Membership
Oct 10, 2010
Alberta
Big dawg

Wish I could of been there with my 2014 KMS turbo YZ 450, Can someone please put some video links on, I cant wait to see them.

Thanks

M

mxracer299

Nov 24, 2010
Great Falls, MT
So did you take everybody into sketchy tree lines to see what worked best or just see who climb the fastest in open terrain? I know the turbos make some power in the open but where we ride they just get embarrassed by stock bikes.

tillbuilt

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Henderson, Co.
Hopefully someone from the Friday or Sunday tree ride will speak up and let MX know how well the KMS turbo YZ450 does in the trees. I do not want to say anything regarding riders ability and such, but everyone in the groups saw how impressive the bike is and how I was rarely having issues with stuck, or non-intentional lines.

The ones who rode this bike know it pulls like a freight train off the bottom and sings on top. I am pretty sure my bike harvested more timber in the plastic and frame than any other on the hill. Every time I would stop there were branches sticking out of somewhere. This baby is not a trailer queen and you can tell how I ride it by the condition of the 1 month old plastics.

In my opinion there was no better bike on the mountain this weekend. If I'm wrong please put me in my place.

O

ozzydog

Dec 17, 2007
Lets talk

First I would like to thank Toby and his Wife for showing us such a good time this past weekend. Thank you! Hahn's peak was the perfect spot for our one ski event. We've been doing this for 8 years now and it keeps getting better. It was great to see everyone!
To answer the question did the turbo bikes perform well in the trees. Yes they did. They perform just as well as anything out there. It all comes down to who is riding it. I rode with Justin the last day in the trees and drop off's :face-icon-small-hap.
He has a 500KTM with a Turbo on it. The bike did real well!
Also the Home Built Turbo bike, many thanks to Jamie for all your help! Also keep in mind, the bike were talking about is a WR 450 with a 700 Raptor motor in it! It had only been running two days with the Turbo when it showed up. Next year she'll have a CVT on her, tuned with the Turbo. She should pull like a freight train.
Thanks again everyone. Were all looking forward to next Year!
Ozzydog

M

mxracer299

Nov 24, 2010
Great Falls, MT
Glad to hear the KMS turbos are running good! I've only been around the boondocker ones and I havent been impressed, the stock bikes do get around better in most areas except for wide open climbs, pretty lame for $5,000 imo. Hopefully someone up here will get a KMS mounted up on one, I hear they are working on one for a 300, interesting...

O
Dec 12, 2011
Toby, please tell Us please more about FX660, how did it do? It seems like it could be the one, high hp, close ratio 6 speed.

Premium Features