• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Evo cold air intake help

R
Nov 22, 2012
Hello having problems getting my cold air intake to fit on my male ends I of my top pod I cut off 1/2 inch like it says do they go inside or just rest on top ?

K

kramer boy

Nov 30, 2009
Fairview Alberta
The evo cold air is designed to have the dash inlets slip over dash pods as far as you can get them on. I found that dremeling about 1/8 of an inch off of dash holes helped hood install a bunch. I also trimmed 1/8 off of top of evo inlets as I found they were a tad too long for my hood. Hood sits better now and getting those little clips beside headlight engaged was way easier. Again this helped my install. And yes It took two trys until I got it right.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Yes, from installing a few last week, cutting about 1/2" off the end of the EVO tubes and about 1/2" off the stock hood plastic inlets and it should fit great. If you need any more help PM me.

JBIZ

Premium Member
Dec 8, 2008
Saskatchewan, Canada
My evo outlets were too long making it difficult to close the tabs on the hood beside the speedo I had to cut the tubes on the intake down

Woody67

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 5, 2008
Bellingham, WA
As madmax said you will have to shorten both the dash pods and the evo tubes to get a good fit. Also the instructions say to put the bottom of the airbox back on over the evo V-Flow intake. This is not required and will be changed in the next instruction revision.

Woody

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
As madmax said you will have to shorten both the dash pods and the evo tubes to get a good fit. Also the instructions say to put the bottom of the airbox back on over the evo V-Flow intake. This is not required and will be changed in the next instruction revision.

Woody

So the ones I have put on over the course of the last few months- I can go ahead and pull the cover off my clients sleds?

Any heat issues even if running the balnkets from Jim?
S/C
WMP llc

Woody67

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 5, 2008
Bellingham, WA
So the ones I have put on over the course of the last few months- I can go ahead and pull the cover off my clients sleds?

Any heat issues even if running the balnkets from Jim?
S/C
WMP llc

I have run about 300 miles without the cover on. It actually opens up more under hood area for heat dissipation. Jim told me it was not needed and he was going to update the next set of instructions.

Woody

gqapex

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2008
I found that useing silicone spray on both pieces made them slide together super easy.

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
I have run about 300 miles without the cover on. It actually opens up more under hood area for heat dissipation. Jim told me it was not needed and he was going to update the next set of instructions.

Woody

Thanks Woody ..:wine:
I now have a reason to make the plunge to remove the hood once again!!!:clock::clock::clock::clock:

S/C

Premium Features