• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Bullydog case?

rick5150

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2012
mpls
How are you guys are mounting the bully dog unit and more importantly what kind of case are you using so that it's still visible, waterproof and a little more durable/puncture resistant so to speak?

Sinister306

Premium Member
Sep 6, 2014
Saskatchewan
How are you guys are mounting the bully dog unit and more importantly what kind of case are you using so that it's still visible, waterproof and a little more durable/puncture resistant so to speak?

I made a bracket to hold one gauge and then flat on the other side and used a Pelican micro 1010 case

IMG_3743.jpg IMG_3745.jpg

wellfed777

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Oregon
do you think its worth buying and running a boost and maybe a AF gauge
on the bars with the bullydog silber kit ?

friscospices.com

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Nebraska
www.friscospices.com
Honestly you dont need one. The bully dog map Justin has is spot on. I never once the whole season last year saw anything that was out of the range on safe fueling with my AFR. A boost gauge might be ok just for a referance if you want to change for hill climbing and then change back for boondocking. I use a manifold pressure gauge 0-15 psi, I liked it better its easier to read. I also installed a Hallman boost controller with the ball valve for more accurate control and less spike boost pressure.

wellfed777

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Oregon
where do you recomend getting a guage and the boost ball valve from
thanks

hey rick sorry if i hyjacked :doh:

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Honestly you dont need one. The bully dog map Justin has is spot on. I never once the whole season last year saw anything that was out of the range on safe fueling with my AFR. A boost gauge might be ok just for a referance if you want to change for hill climbing and then change back for boondocking. I use a manifold pressure gauge 0-15 psi, I liked it better its easier to read. I also installed a Hallman boost controller with the ball valve for more accurate control and less spike boost pressure.
my thoughts exactly, flash it and keep it put away. if its not running right, put it in the shop and pressure test the system, check clutch parts, and you will find your problem!

lol.

most of the problems on the new kits are nothing to do with fueling or anything, just broken clutch springs or worn out donuts.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
I also mounted mine with a Pelican case. You can't hardly see the Bullydog screen anyway. I wouldn't bother. Just get a good Boost or other screen if you need to see anything.

rick5150

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2012
mpls
I understand it's not needed to have/watch, I'm not running silber btw, mtntk is dialed as well and also not needed.....a lot of things aren't necessary but I have the gauge, I paid for it, I want to watch it. I like reading boost, pyro, intake temp and rpm on one screen it's very convenient I saw no need to buy separate guages ($$) when I have the Bullydog already.

Back to the topic.

I bought the pelican case didn't like it way to big so then I bought a "electronic" case off eBay nice tight fit little bit of dremel work and made brackets to come off the hood bolts annnnd still wasn't happy.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416623786.730244.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416623799.328395.jpg

A guy I work with does boat covers and many other sewing fabric whatever's so I had him make this up off my handlebar bag, what you can't see is a thin sheet of plexi over the screen...just in case. Finally happy :) and as always with the made in the USA tag lol
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416623937.078305.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416623953.196045.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416623970.049765.jpg

Last edited:
Premium Features