• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Does RCS make ti springs for pro shocks

xcmark

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Mass-hole
RCI does have double spring sizes and plastic spacers , hope you got a good tax return because you looking at some big $$$$ for 4 shocks worth of springs. I have a set of 140 or 160 lb per inch in the spare parts buckets that where $400+ back a few years ago. They are very light compared to carbon steel.

G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
They won't be that much lighter than the springs on your Pro (good open wind design). It is in the 500 or more dollar per lb area. The wire has to be so much thicker you just about lose the 25% advantage of ty.

They do feel-react different though. In a better more supple way.

J
Sep 12, 2008
Almont, Co.
Ti springs

Trust me, if Rasmussen had to pay for those springs they wouldn't be on his sled. That's a whole lot of cash for very little gain. Especially with your clickers. Also, I would put a Dan Adams Next Level seat on and ride it. I honestly don't think a person needs to take any weight off. It's a superbly balanced sled. You'll love it.

Last edited:
F
Nov 1, 2008
RCS stuff rides good tho

Rcs stuff is no more expensive than other aftermarket suspensions if you factor in its just springs (and valving) on stock equipment. How much does a full suspension sell for? If you can make your factory stuff work properly I bet it costs a lot less than full replacement plus it's easier to find factory arms etc if you do have a mishap.

J
Sep 12, 2008
Almont, Co.
Do what you want

My point is ride the sled before going and dropping that kind of cash on springs. I doubt that
most people would be able to tell the difference between the stock springs and rcs, as
the shocks in question are clickers. Pretty much infinite adjustment. That is my point.

Last edited:

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
What's the point in going titanium, weight, ride, or both?

Both! There is a synergistic effect from both the lighter weight and the mechanical properties of TI. It reacts much faster to terrain input than even the high quality Chrome / Silicone steel springs. Which allows the suspension to remain in contact with the ground more (read-traction and control) as well as eliminating the harshness. It is one of the things one must feel to realize the true difference and the short comings of steel springs and the shock valving they do to try and compensate for the harshness / mecanical properties of the Chrome / Silicone steel. But for the money the high quality Chrome /silicone steel springs are pretty good. The junk springs all the OEM's put on as standard are not even in the same ballpark as either of the above options.

I would go as far as to say; a Sled with the wrong rate RCS TI springs will still ride better than a properly set up steel sprung sled. I am no expert, just my observation and personal expirence over the years. FWIW

In my opinion, if you are buying springs; get at least the high quality Chrome / Silicone steel springs (Ebach and others), but for the ultimate ride / performance RCS TI springs are worth the investment. The RCS TI's will never fatigue, they never sag, they will out live you and all the sleds you install them on. That said beware of the lesser cheaper TI knock offs like cat used on the HCR and other sleds although even those are way better than the OEM steel springs.

Premium Features