• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

13 pro for 13 m1100 turbo?

C
Feb 3, 2014
I have an option to trade a 13 pro for a 13 m1100t. What would you guys do?

I am not the most experienced rider and am pretty heavy myself (300 geared up)

What are the issues with the 1100t compared to the pro? Is the 4 stroke more reliable? Is it that much harder to ride than a pro?

The 1100 is chipped and piped and a 163 (pro is 155).

I

izzni

Mar 22, 2009
Vadnais Heights
The 4stroke motor is very reliable. The chassis is just as reliable as your Pro, or less reliable. I would say you are equally as likely to get towed out on either sled.

The 1100Ts are known for heat exchanger cracks and leaks, weak reverse servo motor issues, fuel pickup issues with less than half a tank of fuel, and some (definitely not all, as mine doesn't) have belt issues exacerbated by the increased power. Fixing the belt issues, if it has them, is not economicly feasible, as it requires about $2000 in aftermarket stuff on $6000 sled. Some will say that proper clutching, etc., will address those with belt issues for less than $2000, but unless you are a tuner, then it is doubtful.

The power of the 1100T, especially chipped and pipped, is incredible, but it goes downhill like a boulder, is very front heavy, and noticable less maneuverable than a lighter sled. If you are used to a lighter sled you likely won't like the 1100T.

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
If you want to learn how to ride better in a shorter amount of time...Pro. If you want a bunch of power to scream up something...1100.

gmustangt

Lifetime Membership
Aug 10, 2009
It depends on what you want, you could argue it both ways.

The pro is a lighter easier to handle machine, that you could push your technical riding further with.
Down side to this is if your taking on sitautions above your ability , you may get stuck, pissed off, take the fun out of it.

The 1100 isn't going to handle like the pro, but will have more power. It will excel in more open terrain. Which may be what your after for your riding ability today. This may be more fun for you day in and day out.

Really depends on how your wanting to use your machine, and where you see your riding going.

R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010
Personally I think you'd be crazy to do it but you might not ride the same way as me.

The 1100t is a good reliable motor but that's where it ends with that sled. The clutching and drivetrain can be a nightmare. Also resale on the 1100 is horrible.

If that's the route you want to go I'd seriously look into trading or selling yours and getting a new Yamaha viper with the factory turbo. They have addressed Cats drivetrain issues, the fit and finish will be better, its lighter, lower center of gravity and better skid geometry... But its still a heavy 4s and wont hang with the Pro in the tight stuff:face-icon-small-ton

Calvin42

Premium Member
Oct 14, 2008
Cantonment, FL
I currently own two Pro 163's. Met a guy at Rabbit Ears in January that owned a 1100T. He said (his words not mine) I can wheelie all day long, but it sucks in the trees!!!! May want to hold on to your pro. Just say'n

R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010
A guy I rode with last year did a full evo, lightweight everything, kmod and raptors all around, awesome build. Rode it 5 times and he struggled. Rode a stock Pro and put the cat up for sale after 2 rides.

C
Feb 3, 2014
I dont do much of anything to be honest with you guys. At this time just field and ditch banging for the most part. Some trails.

The resale on the pros aren't very good either. The reliability isn't really there either.

I wanted to get the new viper but I can't really justify the 18000 for the sled plus turbo kit that will make it useable in the deep stuff.

I was just getting used to the pro by time the snow left me and I don't want to have to deal with the motor issues that have bee plaguing the polaris sleds. On the other hand i don't really want to have anther sled that is going to give me major issues either.

LongHorn XC

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Illinois
It sounds like your 13 Pro is running good. Most of the problems were back in 11-12 sleds. Do you still have warranty? If not, drop a top end kit in and ride r like you rent it. You would be crazy to trade! All sleds have a bad resale.

O
Dec 6, 2007
Just to clarify, a turbo'ed up Viper isn't going to be anywhere near $18k. If you go look in the Yammi section people are listing quotes from dealers. I think a snowchecked T-Viper is more like a $14k machine. That is a couple grand more than a SCheck Pro but, it is a turbo.

I would be asking myself why the Cat guy wanted to trade? He doesn't like the 1100T? Wants something lighter? Do you want to be in his shoes next year trying to get out of the 1100 because it wasn't for you either?

Keep the Pro, spring for a piston replacement over the summer.

Last edited:
C
Feb 3, 2014
Just to clarify, a turbo'ed up Viper isn't going to be anywhere near $18k. If you go look in the Yammi section people are listing quotes from dealers. I think a snowchecked T-Viper is more like a $14k machine. That is a couple grand more than a SCheck Pro but, it is a turbo.

I would be asking myself why the Cat guy wanted to trade? He doesn't like the 1100T? Wants something lighter? Do you want to be in his shoes next year trying to get out of the 1100 because it wasn't for you either?

Keep the Pro, spring for a piston replacement over the summer.

All of the prices I've checked for a turbo installed on a 2015 viper are 15999+, and that is just for the basic promo turbo kit. no extras.

I am in Canada so prices are quite elevated.

Premium Features