• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

pulled the trigger! who else?

tdblakes

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
Ya I thought it was interesting that the 155 Terrain Domination was eligable for different incentives than the Pro LE, so you could get it cheaper than a Pro when it was all said and done... My sales guy also told me they snowchecked more RMKs than Pro RMKs this season too...

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
163 800 pro
Teton grey
Black rails and skis
Black tunnel
High bars
All bags
Remote res shocks
E start (don't want it but it's free so I had to lol)

Didn't want black because everyone will have it, although I think it looks great. It's hard to tell how the grey will look on the computer, but if I don't like it, guess I could do a wrap. Any chance anyone's seen one in person?

Rode a 2015 dominator 163 3" on the weekend, and a 155 dominator with a 156 3" and an 858 rkt bb. Fun! I don't think anyone will be disappointed with their 2015...it feels very well put together. Shocks, motor, controls, everything feels so much better than my 2011.

Last edited:

MTN Powderhound

Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2009
Smithers B.C.
What did you think of the 3" track set up or was it hard to tell.:face-icon-small-hap Was the BB with the 3" also?

Last edited:

snosumitcsr

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Trout Lake Washington
163 800 pro
Teton grey
Black rails and skis
Black tunnel
High bars
All bags
Remote res shocks

Didn't want black because everyone will have it, although I think it looks great. It's hard to tell how the grey will look on the computer, but if I don't like it, guess I could do a wrap. Any chance anyone's seen one in person?

Rode a 2015 dominator 163 3" on the weekend, and a 155 dominator with a 156 3" and an 858 rkt bb. Fun! I don't think anyone will be disappointed with their 2015...it feels very well put together. Shocks, motor, controls, everything feels so much better than my 2011.

I ordered the Teton gray for the same reasons as you. Saw one in person when I went to the Jackson hillclimbs and got some pictures so here they are:

I ordered a 155" with all the goodies, Black Rails and Skis, ES and Non PRO Chaincase and Extra Cooling...

image.jpg

Last edited:
J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
Hey thanks man! That looks great. I was tossed up on the red or black rails and skis....I like the black choice now. Red looks cool too....I'm just not a big "red" guy.

jakey-boy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2009
Idaho Falls
instagram.com
Well at the last minute yesterday I ordered a new sled. Went with the RMK for two reasons. I like to huck and the belt drive/carbon fiber over structure still scare me a little although I think the issues are very minimal. The price on the RMK is just too good to pass up that $800 difference will buy a lot of gas & oil.

So next years sled will be a matte orange madness RMK with the low bars (although I will still put my RSI backcountry bars on it), electric start, all the bags and obviously the clicker shocks.

Now to put a few hundred more miles on the 14 assault before summer then sit and wait for this beauty to show up!

Randman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 21, 2010
Billings, MT
Wow, I almost screwed up. I had snow checked an 11, 12 & 13 PRO 163's over the years and didn't check a 14 PRO cause they didn't change anything. I was pretty disappointed this year when Poo didn't change anything again and drank the cool-aid and snow checked a black 15 163 T-3 Doo a couple weeks ago. Well, the Big Horns got a big dump of snow last Saturday and the dealer let me take a 13 163 XM out for the day. I knew I screwed up after a few steep side hills. Luckily the Doo dealer was a stand up guy and let me out of the snow check and refunded my $500.00.:face-icon-small-hap Nothing against the Doo, I just like the PRO chassis better.

I then snow checked a Black/Black 15 PRO 163 LE and got a ton of free goodies like all of you guys. I have never had a blue sled so I also ordered the Keith Curtis blue wrap for the front and rear of the sled.

Can't wait till she shows up!:present:

Last edited:
S
Dec 15, 2007
Kelowna BC
163 800 pro
Teton grey
Black rails and skis
Black tunnel
High bars
All bags
Remote res shocks

Any thing has too be put together better than my 14 lemon what a POS.I see you went for a pro over a standard RMK.I went RMK to save the 1k,also like the idea of the front cooler.I just got my order confirmation from Polaris.I pray it's a wednesday build.

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
I hum'd and haw'd on Pro/no Pro a bit....to be honest.

My buddy has been running a turbo 2014 with a 3" 163 all year - stock belt drive - with no problems. Between that and not really hearing many issues on Snowest this year, I'm ok with it. I wanted as much as possible different/better than my previous sled to justify the $$. Also kicking around the idea of putting a 2.5" extreme on it if I get ambitious and the bigger track swaps are easier sans chaincase.

I haven't had notable problems keeping my 2011 cool, so the cooler is just added weight. So is the E-start, but I'll ditch that.

Mark's RMK

Lifetime Membership
May 5, 2010
Sturgeon Lake, MN
Warranty

My 2013 came with 1 year Polaris and 3 year extended for 4 total.

I'm told the 2015 RMK's have 1 year Polaris and 2 years extended for a total of 3 years?

Sound right?

W

waxer

Nov 2, 2012
well i snow checked at the last minute also` Black Rmk LE 163 ES w/all the free goodies!W:face-icon-small-haphy i don't know,lol!!!!!!!

Last edited:

G-Force

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2002
Kamloops BC
Yup last minute deal here too. Matte black/orange combo with all the "free stuff", 155" Pro. Hih bars, with low windshield and hand guards, ES. Figured the ES was free, why not, might help make it an easier sell down the road.

Best part is still have a couple brand new belts and cover from my last sleds, as well as the extreme bumper and a belly pan protector that I bought and never installed before I sold out last winter, so shouldn't really have to buy much else!

For me the WE clickers were great on my '12 Assault, so looking forward to having them with the narrower stance of the RMK!

noob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Is it October yet? I'm ready to pick up my new sled and stare at it while I wait for snow. My season is done time for work now

x 2 on that!! Just got back from revy riding the new boost it viper as well. First time in a long time that I almost want to skip summer and in process of picking the pro and viper up. I love my yamaha's and they are incredible, but the pro has given me a whole new area of riding to enjoy. Down hill carves, shiz hooks, laying it on it's side and doing whatever you want. Such a fun sled.

I ordered with low bars, any of you had a chance to ride with the low bars. Not sure if I'm going to regret it, but nothing a 1" spacer won't fix i guess.

Last edited:
J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
I rode a dominator on the weekend with low bars. I prefer the high bars on my current pro. Fwiw....I'm 6'2", and furthermore the difference was not in-your-face.

06redrevx

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2008
I rode a Pro with Fly bars that were an inch lower than the standard Pro Tapers.
I'm 6' and liked them enough to order my new Pro with the lower bars.
I know if I don't like it there is always lots of Stock bars for sale cheap.
All depends how it fits YOU

snowpromod

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Northeast Ohio
Std RMK 155 ordered, Matte Black/Red, Black Rails, Clicker Shocks, Low Windshield, High Bars, etc......can't wait - first snowcheck!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
What did you think of the 3" track set up or was it hard to tell.:face-icon-small-hap Was the BB with the 3" also?
Sorry I totally missed this;

Stock 2015 163" w/3" track and a can.
Other was a 155 with a 156 3" installed and an 858 rkt kit.

163 3" track setup was fine....not convinced its a worthwhile upgrade for my riding style, to be honest. If I was changing out the stock track, a camo extreme 2.5 would be my choice.

858 wasn't broken in yet so couldn't really lean on it too hard. Felt great and noticeably more arm stretch on the mid/bottom. Can't comment on all out power. I would be more interested in the shorter tracked 3" from my impressions. Fun sled.

Griff

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Matte Orange Madness 163 here. Joining the Roseau crowd coming over from Thief River Falls. Going to retire the M8. Will be ready to 'see the line' next winter and looking forward to the Pro Ride forum section.

Premium Features