• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Polaris ProRMK 800 battery sign and yellow engine light

L
Feb 23, 2013
Hi!
Norway typing here!
I have a Polaris Pro RMK 800 155" 2013 with problems.

Few weeks ago I shorted the plug wire to the manifold, when this happend the battery sign came on in the display and the yellow engine light flashed frequent and irregular.. I stopped, waited and hoped that it would go away by itself.... it didnt... Drove 100 meters and the display and taillights stopped working... Did some simple troubleshooting, and saw that the plugwire was melted to the manifold, got that of the manifold, drove home (about 10 miles)... When I got home I found out that the regulator was broken.

Got a new regulator on friday, put that on, secured the plugwires, started the sled... Again, battery sign and yellow engine light (constant) in the display...

What is the problem????????? anyone had this problem? cant see theres any other wires burned...

additional info:
The sled have some engine mods:
- PAR head 12:1
- SLP exhaust
- Powercommander 5
- MDS clutch kit

Dirty Steve

Lifetime Membership
Feb 3, 2012
Central MN
Check the capacitor in the cloth bag on top of the belt guard. I had the same lights and my capacitor plug had melted.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Premium Features