• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

bleeding air out of oil lines on 900 rmk

C
Apr 15, 2008
shingletown,ca
My brothers sled blew the oil injection fitting out of the case on his 900 rmk.The dealer warrantied the fitting and install but did not put oil in the tank and bleed the system." not a real good repair in my opinion" Do you have to bleed those lines on an efi engine or can you fill it up and go?Thanks in advance for any info.
Later Cranktwister

N

Nelson

Nov 30, 2007
Libby, Montana/Elko, Nevada
put a little oil in the fuel tank, start the sled leave idle and take a steel rod-clothes hanger will work fine and manually push down on the linkage on the oil pump so it will be wide open and watch the air bubble flow through your line on primary side until you see just the oil running through it.

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
You could just open the bleed screw on the pump itself if you can get to it ! I cant remenber exactly but I know its a pita to get to.

E

Ex-Member

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 14, 2007
yeah, y-pipe and TB have to come off to get to that.

I remember seeing somewhere inthe service manual to squirt oil into the lines then prime the pump somehow to bleed the air out.

Premium Features