• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Adjustable Can Arms

Volvokvaloya

Premium Member
Dec 2, 2008
Northern Norway
Wich clutch weights pulls hardest and the one to get?...Can`t really choose between MDS,Heel Clickers,Cutler...are there any other you would recommend??

blackjack85335

Lifetime Membership
Jan 2, 2008
I went with mds and never looked back. also look into formula X-1 for your secondary and youll wonder why you waited so long to upgrade. best upgrades ive made to my sled yet.

D
Nov 27, 2013
Mountain States
Cutlers you can adjust weight in the field without taking you clutch apart. Making tuning easier at high elevations where having the ability to tune is key.

DPG

mikew5945

Lifetime Membership
Aug 30, 2009
SW Montana
MDS...Not only will Steve help you today but years later he will be there. If you have a bunch to choose from then go with MDS. Money back if you don't like them. When your spider rollers trash a weight he will make you a deal on one new weight. You can change weight (screws) in the field but you don't need to. They are hard pulling from the low end all the way to the top. They will stay engaged longer down hill giving you an engine brake. E-mail or call Steve if you change your sled and he is usually spot on with weight to add or subtract.
MDS is the only one with a money back guarantee.

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
Had good luck with cutlers on my m7, will probably run them in the proclimb if the bug bites me and causes me to not leave it stock.

Volvokvaloya

Premium Member
Dec 2, 2008
Northern Norway
Cutlers look very similar to Dalton...I have only good things to say about Dalton tough..very good stuff.
Looks like Cutlers or MDS are the way to go...but got a little curious about those secondary conversion kits..i actually had made up my mind and were about to order RK Tek kit..but it was a struggle to choose between RKTEK,CPC and Bikeman...and now this Formula-X1 kit came along..what are the big differences on theese kits...different helixes and different spring loads?

blackjack85335

Lifetime Membership
Jan 2, 2008
Cutlers look very similar to Dalton...I have only good things to say about Dalton tough..very good stuff.
Looks like Cutlers or MDS are the way to go...but got a little curious about those secondary conversion kits..i actually had made up my mind and were about to order RK Tek kit..but it was a struggle to choose between RKTEK,CPC and Bikeman...and now this Formula-X1 kit came along..what are the big differences on theese kits...different helixes and different spring loads?

Look into people who have purchased a formula x-1 secondary kit and youll see their not disappointed. I only heard good things about the kit so I gave it a shot and it blew me away at the difference. my machine has never been better since I installed it. im always in my power band and my sled responds with delay and just keeps climbing. now I gain speed while climbing instead of holding a speed or slowing down while climbing. my fun factor is huge after this kit and the mds weights. also gives you engine braking feeling while coming down. don't need to ride the brake or pump them to slow down. clutches do it for you. ask around about the mds and formula x-1 and see what you think. id buy them again if I purchase another sled. happy riding

Premium Features