• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2015/16 Togwotee Snow Conditions

D

digger18

Feb 22, 2009
Otsego MN
??

Heading out there this Tuesday the 15th, any recent reports? I'm kind of new to the area,(rode there over New Years didn't get too deep in there) any advise on which way to head for the good snow, or where to go. Also I'll be riding from wed to sat and it's just me and another if anyone would like to link up and ride together please let me know I'm looking for another group or a few people to ride with.

We will be there on Thursdsay. You the one from Blaine that I have been talking to? Lol

S

SnowMan05

Jan 20, 2016
Snows not bad around the lodge, it's set up with 5-10 of fresh on top of it, you can get up high a few miles in and there's probably about 1-2ft or so of fresh right now. Will be going in deeper today to check it out. Snow is still plenty deep with a good base. Haven't hit ground yet either.

Embrace the BRAAAAAAP!
Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Where the Buffalo roam
@ 5" over last 24hrs claimed by mountain resort..snow every day, all week so far..!
Snowing on and off now..

netcam.jpg

Dartos

Lifetime Membership
Sep 6, 2001
Craig, CO
Snows not bad around the lodge, it's set up with 5-10 of fresh on top of it, you can get up high a few miles in and there's probably about 1-2ft or so of fresh right now. Will be going in deeper today to check it out. Snow is still plenty deep with a good base. Haven't hit ground yet either.

I have a week of vacation starting Monday. What did the weather do up there?

papafinger1

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2007
minnesota
keeping a close eye on conditions. We are leaving monday after easter and have yet to book because we want to go where the snow is. :) fingers crossed.

sledhead_79

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2009
Wyoming
keeping a close eye on conditions. We are leaving monday after easter and have yet to book because we want to go where the snow is. :) fingers crossed.

Why aren't you coming this weekend? World Championship Hillclimbs at Jackson, WY which is 50 minutes away from Togwotee Lodge! Best thing to happen to Snow King Ski Resort: horse power and a bunch of drunk rednecks!

papafinger1

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2007
minnesota
Why aren't you coming this weekend? World Championship Hillclimbs at Jackson, WY which is 50 minutes away from Togwotee Lodge! Best thing to happen to Snow King Ski Resort: horse power and a bunch of drunk rednecks!

Haha. Sounds like we would fit in just perfect. Unfortunately the few days a year we get to spent out west riding needs to be riding. Few years down the road we will do the hill climb and when we do it will be all in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sledhead_79

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2009
Wyoming
Haha. Sounds like we would fit in just perfect. Unfortunately the few days a year we get to spent out west riding needs to be riding. Few years down the road we will do the hill climb and when we do it will be all in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If and when you go, it's worth the ticket to take the chair lift up to the top and watch the competitors pick their way through the rock garden! That's where luck over rules talent in MOST CASES, this is where the carnage starts! I've never seen Burandt make it past the rock garden, not saying he hasn't done it, just haven't seen him do it in person!

dansyl159

Lifetime Membership
Aug 27, 2008
SW Iowa
Just wondering, how close is the fire to LML? Reports I'm seeing, have residents on point for evacuation.

sledhead685

Premium Member
Jan 12, 2012
Laramie
The fire was on the door step of many buildings, and the road. Looked like the fire fighters had quite a sprinkler system set up protecting them. Hopefully they don't lose anything. Was pretty wild driving that close to a ripping fire.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Stayed in Alpine in Monday night and I drove though Tog on Monday and again on Friday.
( Took my kids to Casper for a track and field camp)

Fantastic area. I have now put that on my short-list of places to ride.

We took pics of the fire.
It grew a LOT from Monday to Friday.
There is A LOT of dead standing timber there by Lava Mountain.

Last edited:
Premium Features