• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Turbo for Mtn/Sea level

longlugs

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2013
Northern Utah
After having the opportunity to ride a turbo Pro this season, I think I'm ready to take the plunge. I'd like to boost my snow check Axys RMK.

My riding is split pretty equally between U.P. Michigan and mountain riding out west. Any suggestions on who's kit is most adapt to handle both elevations (at least the non-H.O. version, since it seems nobody is currently offering a kit yet for the Axys RMK)? I have good availability to AvGas and I'm not opposed to using it.

Additionally, I not aware of any shops in Michigan that install/support turbos, so I'll probably need to travel to get a kit installed.

Thanks for any input.

I

inspector01

Mar 21, 2013
MN
The silber turbo guys are in northern MN so that's a pretty easy drive and the closest shop I know of. I believe they had a turbo axys this last year. If it's anything like their Pros, itll work great with no adjustments needed.

T
Jun 14, 2014
Coon Rapids Mn
After having the opportunity to ride a turbo Pro this season, I think I'm ready to take the plunge. I'd like to boost my snow check Axys RMK.

My riding is split pretty equally between U.P. Michigan and mountain riding out west. Any suggestions on who's kit is most adapt to handle both elevations (at least the non-H.O. version, since it seems nobody is currently offering a kit yet for the Axys RMK)? I have good availability to AvGas and I'm not opposed to using it.

Additionally, I not aware of any shops in Michigan that install/support turbos, so I'll probably need to travel to get a kit installed.

Thanks for any input.

I just got my sled back from Justin. I had him install his premium kit with external wastegate. I ride the u.p every weekend for the most part and take two trips a year out west. I will run 3 to 4lbs of boost here with 2 gallons of av gas and around 8lbs out west on straight pump. I went with silber because I live in mn and most importantly the ecu reflash will be key. You also cant beat his pricing. My sled is a 2015 Polaris but I know hes working on the axys turbo setup.

longlugs

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2013
Northern Utah
I just got my sled back from Justin. I had him install his premium kit with external wastegate. I ride the u.p every weekend for the most part and take two trips a year out west. I will run 3 to 4lbs of boost here with 2 gallons of av gas and around 8lbs out west on straight pump. I went with silber because I live in mn and most importantly the ecu reflash will be key. You also cant beat his pricing. My sled is a 2015 Polaris but I know hes working on the axys turbo setup.

How much "tuning" did you have to do on the sled after delivery? How do you know what boost you're running (dash gauge?). Any changes besides weights for elevation? So you recommend the Premium kit?

Thanks for the information.

Turbo for your Axys

We run the Boondocker Turbo and have had great success with it. They are still in the testing phase on the turbo setup for the Axys, but will have it ready to go by this fall! Give us a call if you want us to install it for you and get it tuned up for you!

Daniel @ Carl's Cycle Sales
208-853-5550

T
Jun 14, 2014
Coon Rapids Mn
How much "tuning" did you have to do on the sled after delivery? How do you know what boost you're running (dash gauge?). Any changes besides weights for elevation? So you recommend the Premium kit?

Thanks for the information.

There is no tuning at all. Its a ecu reflash. The reflash works at any level so no tuning at all. I bought the premium kit because it comes with the external wastegate setup which is better because the sled wont sputter in and out of boost. All you would have to do is change the weights and spring in the wastegate to go out west. The only reason for changing the spring in the wastegate is for different lbs of boost. Here in mn and the u.p Ill have the 3lbs spring installed. Going out west ill unscrew the external wastgate cap and install the 8lb spring for higher boost. Very simple and easy. And the kit comes with a boost gauge.

Last edited:

tdblakes

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
There is no tuning at all. Its a ecu reflash. The reflash works at any level so no tuning at all. I bought the premium kit because it comes with the external wastegate setup which is better because the sled wont sputter in and out of boost. All you would have to do is change the weights and spring in the wastegate to go out west. The only reason for changing the spring in the wastegate is for different lbs of boost. Here in mn and the u.p Ill have the 3lbs spring installed. Going out west ill unscrew the external wastgate cap and install the 8lb spring for higher boost. Very simple and easy. And the kit comes with a boost gauge.

how much for that installed if you dont mind me asking?

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
We will be posting all the details for the new 16 kits shortly. Installs usually run 3-500 depending on where your located.

The price for the new kits is crazy cheap...I can't wait to release the details:face-icon-small-coo

rick5150

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2012
mpls
I'd say Vohk......or Carl's either way give me a shout when it's time to pick it up we'll make a trip out of it, I'm sure 3 incher would be in

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Amen, straight up the cleanest simplest setups we have run so far on any sled, any brand.

Can't wait to show off the Axys stuff here soon!

wellfed777

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Oregon
i couldn't believe the new prices :face-icon-small-sho:biggrin1:
gonna be interesting if other companies try and compete with their prices ??

i payed $4600 for the same kit thats $32-$3300 now :face-icon-small-dis
but thats the way of things

i'm happy others will have a pro that does wheelies too ha ha

Premium Features