• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Iqr 600 ho turbo setup

M
Jan 22, 2015
Staples MN
Hello everyone new to the forum, and I've searched many old threads but couldn't pin point a setup similar to mine and I was wondering if I could get some setups from you, looking for clutching/ gearing advise, jetting 7-10000ft and things, current sled 07 iqr 600 ho 144" 9 tooth drivers, tm38 rack mikunis also a Garrett 2860 turbo with intelajets probly gonna run 6-8 pounds of boost to be safe, I appreciate your time my cell is 218-296-2143 if texting is easier, p.s. I'm leaving feb 11th for Wyoming
Thanks! Devin

Kenny B

Lifetime Membership
Nov 11, 2008
Corner Brook, Newfoundland
Is this a kit you built? From your discription you might be missing some parts... like a electric fuel pump with a rising rate regulator. you need to keep the fuel pressure 3-4psi above your desired boost level to keep the air charge from blowing the fuel back. You'll need to do this with the carb float bowls as well. You might have this already, but you didn't mention it. Clutching... my experience is only with 800+cc motors. Sorry.

M
Jan 22, 2015
Staples MN
Sorry, yes I do have a MSD 2225 fuel pump with an aeromotive 13301 rising rate regulator return style, it is a kit I'm building, the carb bowls and carb tops/slides are vented to the plenum, was thinking 6psi fuel pressure at idle and go from there, the intelajets will have one way check valves on them, just searching for a decent starting point on both jetting and clutching,

A

aj1180

Dec 17, 2009
waukon ia
I'm running a 660 motor with the bd 2860 tubo kit. I'm at 10-11 lbs of boost so I don't know if my setup would help much. I can tell you that with good gas you should not be afraid to run more boost. The 600 is a really well built motor. 50/50 race / 92 or straight av gas and you are good to go at 10-11 lbs. Send me a pm if you want more specifics on my set up.

M
Jan 22, 2015
Staples MN
TTT

hello I have a 600 ho turbo polaris iqr and im still looking for clutching and jetting advise, the current setup I have for 8000 to 10000ft is 12-13 lbs of boost, it has a garrett 2860 turbo, 10-58 weights, epi black with green stripe primary spring, 70-44-.46 helix, epi lite purple secondary spring, 21-45 gearing, 9 tooth drivers, 144'' track 2'' paddle, the sled has intelajets/ kinda like powerjets, TM 38 rack mikunis, 240 main jets, 35 pilots, 145 starter, .9 airjet, fuel screw is at 1.25 turns out, needle clip position 3 with washer on the bottom, in any conditions ( warm or cold ) the sled is a pooch on the bottom, doesn't have the snap a 600 not on boost should have at elevation, not a good boondocker at all, I know theres room for improvement there. on top when it sees boost it runs great, the turbo doesn't lag to bad but some, more like a lot... also the clutches slip like crazy. im going to rebuild both clutches this week to help. I just wanted to see what you guys are running, im a little hesitant to go smaller on the pilot jets to clean up the bottom. im not afraid to run a higher clutch engagement if that's what I have to do. I don't mind digging out! Maybe I need a straight helix as it maybe shifting out to soon on the bottom? Also maybe run 19-45 gearing? I don't wanna go 100mph just get to 60 really quick. also im referencing boost for the FPR off the plenum, I hear of guys going off the exhaust or even the boot between the carb and cylinder. thank you very much for all your time!!!

Devin Redemske

brycter

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
West Haven, Utah
www.turboboys.net
hello I have a 600 ho turbo polaris iqr and im still looking for clutching and jetting advise, the current setup I have for 8000 to 10000ft is 12-13 lbs of boost, it has a garrett 2860 turbo, 10-58 weights, epi black with green stripe primary spring, 70-44-.46 helix, epi lite purple secondary spring, 21-45 gearing, 9 tooth drivers, 144'' track 2'' paddle, the sled has intelajets/ kinda like powerjets, TM 38 rack mikunis, 240 main jets, 35 pilots, 145 starter, .9 airjet, fuel screw is at 1.25 turns out, needle clip position 3 with washer on the bottom, in any conditions ( warm or cold ) the sled is a pooch on the bottom, doesn't have the snap a 600 not on boost should have at elevation, not a good boondocker at all, I know theres room for improvement there. on top when it sees boost it runs great, the turbo doesn't lag to bad but some, more like a lot... also the clutches slip like crazy. im going to rebuild both clutches this week to help. I just wanted to see what you guys are running, im a little hesitant to go smaller on the pilot jets to clean up the bottom. im not afraid to run a higher clutch engagement if that's what I have to do. I don't mind digging out! Maybe I need a straight helix as it maybe shifting out to soon on the bottom? Also maybe run 19-45 gearing? I don't wanna go 100mph just get to 60 really quick. also im referencing boost for the FPR off the plenum, I hear of guys going off the exhaust or even the boot between the carb and cylinder. thank you very much for all your time!!!

Devin Redemske

Turn you air screws in and drop you needles on step. What fp are you running at idle?

Premium Features