• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Silber Axys Clutching

Dirty Steve

Lifetime Membership
Feb 3, 2012
Central MN
I just put a ZRP Lightweight clutch cover and Ti bolts on my primary. I sent my clutch into Indy Specialty (Indy Dan) to have it balanced and also, the belt to sheave clearance was way out of specs, so that was taken care of as well.

He has a kit for the Silber Axys. I wanted tuning options in addition to what Silber provides with the kit since I ride 1000'-12,000'.
The kit has Dan's Turbo weights, a primary spring, secondary spring and a custom cut helix with a low and high elevation setting.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
P

Prormk99

Aug 22, 2015
Just got my silber kit today. Everything looks awesome! Was just goin through the venom weights kit and I got the 56 gram base weights with 9 tungsten washer and green, blue and silver fasteners. According to the instructions with the green 2.5gr fasteners I can only run 1 thick and one thin washer. Which would probly be a 3.5 tungsten and a 0.5 thin.. talked to Justin he said with these weights I can run fasteners on each side of the arm in the same threaded hole with the appropriate amount of washers. If that works I should be able to get a lot of weight if needed. Just wondering if anyone knows much about these ones being they are not the base 65g turbo weights? Do you think it's ok to put fasteners on each side of the weight?

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
ahhh... Well that kit may work when in BC but not at home.. You may want to look into a steeper helix while your at home.

At 2200' I was running 86 grams with a steeper helix so you may need to run more weight. A steeper helix would help get your weight down at low Elevation. You could always get a dual cut helix that you could change for your two areas.

Either way the 76 grams or so you will get out of that weight kit will not be enough for the low elevation at home, would work when you go up higher than the 6k.

P

Prormk99

Aug 22, 2015
Right.. but according to Justin I can run fasteners on each side of the weight with washers on each side and I have 9 tungsten washers.. so it I run the 2.5g fasteners on one side with tungstens in every hole and 2.5 fasteners with a thick washer and a thin washer on the other side I should be able to get around 83-84 grams if I am adding right and able to do what Justin said.

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
Right.. but according to Justin I can run fasteners on each side of the weight with washers on each side and I have 9 tungsten washers.. so it I run the 2.5g fasteners on one side with tungstens in every hole and 2.5 fasteners with a thick washer and a thin washer on the other side I should be able to get around 83-84 grams if I am adding right and able to do what Justin said.

Well I do not want to speak to running them that way since I have yet to try it and I can call Venom up tomorrow to check.

As stated I was running 86 grams at 2200' 5#'s and was hitting 8350..

aksledjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2014
Alaska
Running 86 grams of weight between 1500' and 2500' and the stock helix is not cutting it. Sled will overrev on any decent pulls with a load. Going to have to step up the helix to a steeper cut. Just a heads up to everyone running lower elevations.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.

That's interesting...

P

Prormk99

Aug 22, 2015
Running 86 grams of weight between 1500' and 2500' and the stock helix is not cutting it. Sled will overrev on any decent pulls with a load. Going to have to step up the helix to a steeper cut. Just a heads up to everyone running lower elevations.

I'm assuming your running the 7lb spring with these numbers?

P

Prormk99

Aug 22, 2015
So I checked the venom website and I got the kit that was 50 dollars more. With green, blue, silver fasteners and tungsten washers this kit on the website is a 56-94 gram kit so yes I can load both sides of the arm. Should have lots of weight for watever I want to do. I'm guessing I got these weights because I have heard silber has been having trouble getting enough weights from companies due to selling so many kits this year.

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
The first I have heard of doing this but that is what they are saying.. You will want to make sure they are not rubbing inside the clutch. I still recommend a steeper helix at the lower elevation because more weight is not always the answer.

J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
The first I have heard of doing this but that is what they are saying.. You will want to make sure they are not rubbing inside the clutch. I still recommend a steeper helix at the lower elevation because more weight is not always the answer.

This. The stock helix can work fine for a lot of riding/situations. Others have found belt life and overall performance to improve with a helix swap at all elevations...

aksledjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2014
Alaska
My awesome Turbo dealer AKFULLTHROTTLE has a 42-44 on the way here ?? Running 5# of boost last year that seemed to be the ticket for him.

Premium Features