• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Turn down to pump gas?

H

HiWaYman92

Dec 14, 2008
Pinedale, Wyoming
I've got a VOHK tuned air to air intercooled boondocker turbo pro running 10-11 pounds of boost. For my riding style I'm considering having the sled turned down to run pump gas. It absolutely rips now, but the expensive fuel (91/100LL/toluene) is averaging about $6.50 per gallon. Vohk would do all the tuning and clutching. For those that have done this, am I going to be vastly disappointed or are there some pros to pump gas? Quicker spooling, etc? I'm still on the fence. They said they could tune to straight 100LL but said I'd lose some bottom end because it's a little slower burning than their mix. Thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

A

aj1180

Dec 17, 2009
waukon ia
100ll is around $5.00 right now. 93 is about $2.75. If you burn 10 tanks filled with 10 gallons of fuel you would spend an extra $225. At 6.50 you would spend an extra $375. How much is it going to cost you if your motor blows due to bad 93? I think it is cheap insurance to spend the extra money on the right fuel. If your worried about the cost of gas then ditch the turbo cause it burns too much fuel which you don't feel you can afford. There are lots of G4 owners that are only getting a ride or two out of there belts. Now that is expensive!!!!!

H

HiWaYman92

Dec 14, 2008
Pinedale, Wyoming
It's only partially about fuel cost. I'm not a chute climber, I ride with n/a sleds, less wear and tear on the sled and belts at 6 pounds. Vohk says their pump gas tunes are safe and there are lots of them out there. I think the sled will do everything I want it to at lower boost.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Premium Features