• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M7 suspension setup help

W
Sep 8, 2015
I have a 05 m7 in fairly good shape but I'm concerned with how it's gonna ride. Everything all around feels pretty stiff, especially the skid suspension. In motocross we have to change spring rates for the riders weight for the optimal ride. I'm wondering if sleds are the same. Keep in mind I am trying to basicly not spend anuthing but my own labor as I will probably only be using the thing on vacation. I don't even think the rear end flinches when I sit on it. I'm a hair over 150 in street cloths. What are some cheap ways I can soften this baby up for me?

Stuck

Premium Member
Feb 4, 2002
Bridger, MT
Search the forums for "geo mod". The geo mod made all the difference in the world on my old m7.

ultrasks700

Premium Member
Jul 7, 2009
MAINE
Try to find a relocation bracket for the front skid shock, it raises the mounting point to the same location as the 07-11 skids, helps by keeping the track from "ratching". I know AMP makes one and im sure there might be some others floating around.

http://www.aftermarketproducts.com/catalog.php?mach_type=S

Also a good idea might be to send your shocks out for a re-valve, I've used www.shock-tech.com he is very familiar with M-series sleds. I did those two modifications to my old M and it made a difference

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Sleds are considerably heavier than bikes. Especially when they have snow on them. This means a moderate change in rider weight requires less change in spring rate than a dirt bike since it is a lower percentage of load on the suspension. It's more common to have to increase spring rates for heavier riders on sleds than to have to lighten them up for smaller riders.

There are two sets of front arm relocation brackets in the suspension swap meet right now. Turn the adjuster blocks down to the lowest settings on the rear torsion springs. About 4 threads showing under the front track shock preload rings. I'd start there for you. If you decide to spend some money on it, I recommend a Holz re-valve for both rear shocks with their dual spring kit on the front arm shock. They used to offer that package for $190. I ran that until converting to a newer '08 air shock skid. I did swap over my Holz front track shock to the new skid.

Some motor mod suggestions and my setup here: http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=396787&highlight=motor+mods

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Well I'm interested in the relocation brackets. Just check the swap meet and don't see any. Can I post want adds in the swap meet?

Those brackets are fairly sought-after so you'll probably have to check pretty often to catch a set. I think it's ok to post WTB adds in there. I've seen them before anyway.

Premium Features