• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Bog and oil resivoir

800PowerFanatic

Aug 31, 2010
Buffalo, MN
Posting for a friend trying to help him out. He just bought a 2009 sno pro m 1000. It has a power commander but no matter what it's got a bog off the start, like a TPS issue, reeds, power valves? Any of these common on these machines? Or is there somewhere else I should start? Also the oil tank is shot, I'm assuming this is common. Any fix after replacement or just replace and wait for it to get holes in it again ?
Thanks in advance, Joe

MT Backcountry

Lifetime Membership
Aug 29, 2008
Montana
Bog

Could also be a Clutching Issue, what are the conditions of Primary and Seconday, Check primary spring, could be broken and its hard to see, Could be clutch set up. Or is this new, just started doing this??

C
Sep 30, 2010
eastern washington
I would start by making sure you don't have slop in your throttle cable, that will cause problems for sure. On my 09 m1000 I had an issue with the steering post rubbing on my spark plug cap. It rubbed enough to where it would arc, and cause a stumble. Then I would go ahead and inspect the reeds. How many miles on the sled?

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
X2 on the clutching. I have one primary spring that no matter what I try, I end up with a low end bog.

The other would be the throttle safety switch inside the throttle assembly. They tend to fail over time leaving you with what starts as a bog and eventually leaves you dead in the water with a lot of erratic behavior in between. Do a search and you will see what I mean.

It could plug wire caps, bad fuel, gummed up injectors, etc.

Best of luck

800PowerFanatic

Aug 31, 2010
Buffalo, MN
Well I pulled the throttle body's off to do the oil tank and to check the reeds, man that air box sucks. But I found both reed cages full of a mouse nest... So pulled it apart cleaned it reeds look good! I am pretty sure that'd cause a nasty bog haha hope all else is well.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
I would say that is your problem haha! Does that sled have the updated heat shield that rivets to the bottom side of the air intake? It surrounds the top of the oil tank when the hood is closed. If there isn't one there at all, see if you can track one down. Have fun wrestling that oil tank in and out of there. It's a tight fit to say the least!

Premium Features