• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

m7 naturaly aspirated mod questions

Jonathanpitzl

Lifetime Membership
Oct 4, 2013
Wabasso mn
I have an 05 m7 with a 153" 2.5", the things I've done so far are:
timbersled intake
2.5 degree timing key
10.4 secondary will happen this summer yet
boondocker fuel controller
egt's

I'm thinking the next thing should be a shaved head but I'm not sure if that would be alright with advanced timing and not sure how much to shave. So any info on that would be awesome.

Also if you guys have any recommendations on affordable clutch kits or other inexpensive mods that would be that great too.

MT Backcountry

Lifetime Membership
Aug 29, 2008
Montana
Shaving Head

I would go with the RKTech head as most small engine shops don't get the squish correct (the inner combustion chamber area). It might be cheaper to get the right head for your riding area (compression wise 13.5 to 1 or less) if you want to run race gas go higher comp. 14 to 1. You can buy an extra insert for higher elevation and changes out easily for out West. My 2 cents worth. I do under stand the $ factor but if they don't get it right on the shaved head you could Burn Down the engine (lots more $).

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
You could send your stock head to rkt and have it recut, its cheaper than a billet head and more than just a mill job. That's what I did and its been running awesome for 8years now.

Jonathanpitzl

Lifetime Membership
Oct 4, 2013
Wabasso mn
You could send your stock head to rkt and have it recut, its cheaper than a billet head and more than just a mill job. That's what I did and its been running awesome for 8years now.
How much does that cost? And is it a good power gain? Also thanks everyone for the info

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Check the oil pump setting. If it is still set as it was from the factory it can be turned down a little via the linkage rod. I think I turned mine down 2 turns of a rod end.

I also have a Peak head, D&D y-pipe, single pipe, and can, stock intake, injector perfector to reduce fuel pressure (cheap, but you already have a BD box to adjust fuel with), 10.4 clutch sheaves, and an RKT secondary torsional spring setup. 3500 pull and go miles on this setup. I'll probably replace the pistons in it this year just for piece of mind.

The RKT secondary kits are out of production now, but you may be able to find a used one. They work pretty well on the M7s.

BD-Xtreme

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
engine mods

Send us your head and pipe. We offer a head mod to the stock head for $180 and the pipe mod for the stock pipe. The pipe mod adds 6-7hp and it works excellent on that motor. We have even had them gain 9 hp on some sleds dynoed at Dynotech research

Pipe mod is only $249

Our clutch kit for that model is only $329 and come with our PRO Mag adjustable weights, both springs, helix, and adjustable end cap for the torsion spring conversion kit.

http://www.speedshopinc.com/index.php?id_category=33&controller=category

you model isn't listed, but we do have a lot for that model.

S
Sep 18, 2013
I have an RK Tek head with 13:1 and 14:1 domes, slp intake horn, vforce cages, Racin Station billet spider and 911 cover on the primary and DD assist and rock rollers on the secondary, stock pipe, bmp Y and a thing can. The 13:1 run great out here in CO running 100LL on that setup. I am thinking of swapping over to the 14:1 domes and a set of SLP twins.

Premium Features