• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2009 m1000 won't run help!!!!

U
Sep 6, 2015
2009 m1000 snopro 153 1250 miles I can't get this cat to run guys I've spent over 2,000 at dealers and no luck! It loads up on mag side cylinder and can't get it to clean out! Here is the list of stuff I've done. Cleaned and flopped injectors cleaned and checked powervalves changed ecu and injectors stator coils plug wires flopped them around and changed wires with no difference!!! Reeds servo chassis control module fuel pressure is in spec according to dealer maybe still to high!? This sled is all stock I bought it sight on seen from a crook that said it was 100% straight and like new but he hit a tree with it pretty hard and it hasn't run since the day I had my brother pick it up I can't sell it and it's to nice to part out so I would love to solve this problem it loads up on mag side and fouls plugs u can feather the throttle and get it to clean up a cross the field runs like a scolded cat then u let off turn around and same thing bogs around powervalve 6-6200 range and won't open up!! Very frustrating!!!!

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
First thing first.

Compression check
Unplug wires to hood, handle bars, tail light.

Grounding tail light wires cause the pv to mess up, grounded hand warmers can cause issues

How many miles.

Check barometer tube for blocks

Make sure pipe isn't cracked, and sealed well.

Possibly reeds, pipe sensor, faulty temp sensor, unplugged air temp sensor, a can that is plugged of falling apart, fading fuel pressure,
Try the first thing and see what you come up with.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Check the wires going to the powervalve servo motor over by the clutch. The 09 M1000 we have had the wires get bared on a sharp edge on the servo motor bracket and caused issues.

Also had the wires going to one of the injectors bare off from rubbing on the fuel rail and grounding out. This would drop one cylinder and run similar to what you are talking about.

Premium Features