• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SLP/MM tuning questions

C
Sep 23, 2011
Durango, Co
Hello folks, Got out for the first time this season ( I know, been busy) Sled ran great! Just one problem, at WOT the sled rev's up and goes, but once it reaches 9000 RPM it bogs down to 8K. Then it takes off back to 9K, and keeps repeating. Also, if you snap WOT from IDLE it bogs down, if you snap WOT from 1/2 throttle or so it rips up to 9K. Reading the plugs they seem to be running about perfect, just a touch of grey on the electrodes. Clutching/gearing is as recommended from SLP. Running the factory Yamaha belt. It's got the SLP triple pipes, vforce 3 reeds, and a "boost bottle"(balance tube on the intake manifolds/boots) and the shelf is removed from the airbox. I was going to try and richen it up a touch and see if that helps, but any input you folks have would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Brian

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
Rich or lean. One of the two. Are you jetted according to slps specs? Try flipping a little choke on and see if it gets better or worse. I'm guessing lean. If rich, it will usually bog worse and worse the longer you hold it open and not recover as yours is doing.

T

TRUEBLUEMAX

Aug 4, 2010
Hooper, Utah
I took the shelf out of my air box and had nothing but trouble with it. I could not tell a difference with it back in either except for the fact that it ran better. I would throw that back in and see where it gets you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Premium Features