• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

E-tec big bore

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
Terra Alps racing in Canada is supposed to have one. I have no idea if it acutally works though. But definantly worth a phone call i would say.

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
sent a head away today, since we can get replacments from brp, builder is going to try in do him magic, and see if it works with curent fuel system, hope this does not turn out to be a disapointment

a fuel box would be nice, keep you informed

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
Yes please let us know how the head turns out.

If I could ask, who is the builder? What do they think on the out come?

Leaf27

Premium Member
Oct 24, 2008
Does anyone really believe that BRP is going to release a factory BB kit for the e-tec? IMHO BRP would never want to get into the modding market. I highly doubt it will ever happen.

or are you refering to a new head design?

E

Ed Fast

Jan 22, 2004
Gillette WYO
BB

Yeah I think they are a 900 we will see I guess then it will be a factory option the next year maybe like harley does with the 103 and 110s

S

sledsrock

Nov 26, 2007
Grand Junction, Co.
Does anyone really believe that BRP is going to release a factory BB kit for the e-tec? IMHO BRP would never want to get into the modding market. I highly doubt it will ever happen.

or are you refering to a new head design?

Oh, they may do it - but along with the kit will be the warranty void form that will need to be signed and returned.

Leaf27

Premium Member
Oct 24, 2008
I guess we will find out soon, but you guys have way more faith in BRP than I do. They still can't get the clutching right on these machines after 4 years.

J

jmoore

Dec 15, 2007
WYO
BRP is NOT making a big bore for the Etec!! Sorry to squash the rumor mill but rep says BRP's focus next year will be on the flatland sleds, whatever that means:face-icon-small-con.
The biggest question in BRP's sights right now is if they should completly discard the carbed 800R. I know I would have a hard time buying a carbed 800R for $11,000 vs the direct injected version.
Just turbo charge your Etecs and let her rip!!! They are awesome on Boost:face-icon-small-win.

BIG JOHN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesoooota
any engine mods (inc. BB) without a piggy back fuel system will be short lived....factory BB?? (havent heard that one)...have heard about 2 diff "I have my own atmosphere" motors in sleds running...BJ

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
i was told by brp that the stock fuel system should handle a 10 percent increase in fueling over stock..... John, has the stock fueling system not paned out for you in a BB, they also mentioned that the pipe and can sensor does a big part of the tuning

thanks

Premium Features