• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

97 mountain max 700 oil cable

S
Nov 5, 2013
Hey guys, picked up a 1997 mountain max 700 a couple months ago. Sled is in pretty good shape, has a 1 1/4" ripsaw track and a couple little things done to it. However i want to raise the bars. I boughta 6" riser an pro tapers, eextended brake line and throttle/oil cables. I have everything hooked up ready to go besides the oil cable, i cant figure out how to do it. It seems tucked down under the carbs and motor, do i have to take the carbs and air box out to get at it? Any and all help appreciated!

-Sledneck

S
Nov 5, 2013
I bought the package from my yamaha dealer, it came with full extended lines. Guys there said it would work, i just don't know where or how it hooks up

B
Jan 26, 2013
Your going to have to take out the air box, carbs and right back motor mount. The engine alignment won't change because the other 3 are still on there. You have to remove the mount from the block to get to the pump. It's 2 bolts and a PITA to get to. Try not to drop the bolts under the motor in the delta box, have a magnet on a stick handy.

What cables did you get. Does the throttle cable come straight off the adjuster or is there a 90 degree piece of metal tubing? If you got a later mm oil cable and a viper mtn throttle cable, you can run them through the slot in the air box and get a bunch of extra length.

S
Nov 5, 2013
All that just to change a cable? I picked up the powermadd cables, i have plenty of room that way. So i i have to take all that out and take apart the pump to find the hookup?

mysledblows

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesota
Pretty much. Once you've had the carbs out a few times you don't even give it any thought. I'm pretty sure you can do it I less than an hour without trying very hard

Premium Features