• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

running boards

F
Apr 5, 2009
my dads got a 08 m8 153" were looking for running board options for it. I'm trying to find a set of skinz or b&m boards for it. just courious if the 09 and up boards would work on an 08?

any info would be a big help. thanks

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
The 09 ones do work however the cast piece that ties the boards to the tunnel are very prone to breaking. I'd recommend upgrading to tune boards as they make the chassis very rigid and in turn makes them handle even better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
That is a good question.
The 08 running board goes all the way to the back bumper.
If u cut the boards off, is the rear tunnel strong enough to support itself? Or does it require an aftermarket bumper with tunnel supports?

GS6

F
Apr 5, 2009
we kinda did the 09 and up upgrade but on the cheap. we had a HD bumper from cat that we put on seams to be sturdy. we cut the boards and put the alum braces on as well

B&M Fabrications

SnoWest Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Aug 3, 2011
North Branch, MN
www.bmfabrications.com
I don't right now. Don't keep a lot of boards sitting on the shelf anymore since they are so labor intensive. Usually keep tabs on what sells the most build a lot of those to keep. The M series really fell off last year. Cat must be winning over the loyals with the PC. We do keep the raw parts on the shelf though and can build a set pretty quick.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

F
Apr 5, 2009
I don't right now. Don't keep a lot of boards sitting on the shelf anymore since they are so labor intensive. Usually keep tabs on what sells the most build a lot of those to keep. The M series really fell off last year. Cat must be winning over the loyals with the PC. We do keep the raw parts on the shelf though and can build a set pretty quick.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

What would a raw set go for shipped to mn56573?

Premium Features