• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best Ski Poll for M sleds with more options

Best M skis

• Total voters

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
Love my gen II's on my 07 m1000, Still trying to get the suspension setup right on my 09 to get the goodie out of them, Full throttle the skis don't do much of anything on the 09. If I didn't know what the gen II's where capable of I would have hated them on my 09 but thats due to a crappy stock suspension.

M

M1000Mod162

Nov 23, 2009
Colorado
I have a m1000 with the simmons gen 2. I love them keep the heavy front end out of the snow! I tried the slydogs and I HATED them

K

Kruchy

Sep 30, 2009
Goodsoil, SK
Had Gen 11's on my Yamaha, awsome for flotation. Gen 11's can be heavy to steer on the trail all day. Have Slydogs on my Cat this year and so far they work on the trail and in the hills. I like the flotation and they work well on the trail to the riding area. Never did give the stockers a chance on the cat. Like someone posted before, the suspension set up is key.

mmsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Preston, Idaho
hubsperformance.com
Needed more options than 4 my favorite are the new HCR skis.
The other post got moved on accident merged with a post about wheels for sale not real sure how that happened but sorry please re do your response.

Last edited:

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
I just noticed mm move an old post of mine over here so I will update it. The Gen II rocked on the 07, on the 09 it made it side hill like a skidoo, either can't get it up or your on your face, still work well in deep pow, but you pay a (I think) 8 lb penalty over stock skis. I dont know if it is because of the 2 wheel kit changing the geometry of leaning the sled over or if it is the increase in suspension over all travel (the front of the skid on the 09 drops down farther with better transfer) But with the stock suspension I could not side hill near as good as with stock skis. Its not because I don't have the skill or weight either, I'm 6'6" and 210lbs and capable. My gen II have seen a better day as well they are kinda warped from to much of a beating. I do prefer them on the trail to. the don't catch the edge like the gen I and have great cornering, they also flex and absorb the bumps a lot better than stock ski. Also probably the best ski for staying out of tree wells. I had holz revalve my suspension and throw in a dual front skid spring and it responds much better sidehilling and on the trail so maybe I will give them a shot on a pow day. I am leaning toward the HCR ski for its light weight and just enough more keel and width to make the right difference.

R
Aug 30, 2008
Rocky Mountians
Other then the darting on the trail, seems to be a waste of money for something that is either not touching the snow or on its side carving/ sidehilling 90% of the time.

Some claim the SLP Powder pros are the end all ski for a M

I stick to my first comment

Last edited:
H

hatchers

Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
www.snowestonline.com
ive been loving the USI thriple threat skis for three seasons.....just ordered some SLP and might call the Powder Pros a better "all around ski".....as the triple threats are a tuner ski and has 3 different fin inserts....the stage 3 work like no other in the fresh POW but have turning in the setup stuff a complete pain in the butt

side note - rode the stock M skis today, these things drive me crazy on the trails:eek:

F
Nov 28, 2007
MODS for sure when i had my m7 i put them on and wow. they side hill like none other and on the trail work great also. I still have them and they are for sale i took them off when i sold the sled because i was going to get a m8 but got a doo . Mods skis black with green loops for sale 200.00

A

AbnRangerM7

Nov 22, 2008
Michigan
Powder Pros were a big improvement over stock on my M7. Well worth the money in my opinion but haven't tried any others.

G
Dec 20, 2007
Three Forks, MT
Tough call

Sometimes you have to decide if you want to trade better powder performance for harder steering in hardpack.

Seems to be a big difference between the 05-07 and 08-10 steering

On my 03 EDGE RMK they worked great and were easier to steer then the standard 6" wide C&As.

I had an 06 M7 with K-Mod rear skid and front floats and absolutely loved the Powder Pros. Worked great and didn't steer too bad

On my 09 M8 with front floats the Powder Pros steer much harder. I am still very happy with them in powder. They really bite, hold a side hill, float and never wash out. However, in hardpack they are a handfull.

I am trying out the Carls cuts this weekend to see how that effects the powder handling.

However, on both sleds i found the stock skis totally unacceptable. Wash out on the trail and they do nothing in the powder.

I wouldn't mind trying out something inbetween. Such as the SLP SLTs or the HCR skis.

I have tried the powder hounds on a 06 m7 with Timbersled rear skid and thought they were worse then the stock skis. No bite and no turning at all. Just plain terrible.

TS Drag Racer

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Wa. st
I've personally used a few different skis over the years. For some reason I keep going back to the SLP powder pros, just really like the way they handle. I have an almost new pair of orange Sly dogs in the box, they are a nice ski as well.

A
Dec 31, 2007
Eagle River, AK
I got Powder Pros for Christmass, love them, they are so much better in the powder.

I honestly think some people expect too much from them though, these skis are designed for Powder, I don't think you can get a ski that is perfect for bolth powder and trails, they will either be excelent for one or the other, or ok for bolth. The powder Pros do require more stearing effort on trails and do dart more but the are amazing inthe powder where they belong.

I also wonder if people are setting up thier sled right for them, you want minimul ski pressure and you want them to be mounted in the forward holes (moving the ski more forward) this puts more weight on the rear of the ski and carbide (less stearing effort, more darting but best for powder riding).

Premium Features