• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M1 Runs boggy with no dash or headlights?!?

M
Jan 20, 2015
I have a 2008 M1000, with a power commander, SLP pipe and can. I was out riding when I noticed lost a lot of power and started to run boggy and sound like a 4 stroke. I also noticed I lost my display on the dash as well as the headlights...I was having a little trouble with the kill switch which has a bad connection and does not shut the machine off right away without wiggling the wire (can this affect the previously listed issues?). It starts fine and the power commander shows that is getting power but thinking without the display it is not giving the correct signals...any thoughts on this??

Last edited:

deanross

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2010
Cody WY
Surprised no comments yet. Sorry for ya! I might be way off, but have you checked the voltage regulator? My wife has a sled that kinda of did those things and that's what her's was. Hope you already have it fixed.

Hardass

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Troy Montana
Ok so the main plug between the stater and vr or ccu gets lose and starts arching in the plug this is pretty common on these sleds and it will for sure make it not run well. I have seen that plug with small melted burn marks in the plastic housong for the plug .Usually you can see it by looking at the wires where it enters the plug housing.

Premium Features