• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Oil pump adjust question and guard for the intake near the windshiled on an M series

D

depsnolvr

Nov 26, 2007
1)wondering if anyone makes a housing of sort, they clog something fierce !

2)anyone have a tech manual that describes adjusting the oil pump on an
M1000? Could you scan a page for me ? Im hoping its easier than it looks. I need to turn the pump down and it looks like its below the motor !

thanks

Luke The Drifter

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton, Alberta
Not sure about adjusting the oil pump on the M1000 but if its like the M7, its simply measuring how much gas and oil you use in a ride and then turning out the screw on the cable housing on the pump.

As for the air intake, thats the first I've heard of them clogging:confused:. Is it causing the motor to bog out or is it just a out of sight out of mind deal? I never had a problem with my stock system on my M7 but then again, apples to oranges, M7 vs M1000.

D

depsnolvr

Nov 26, 2007
oh yeah, if 2-3ft they clog and cause me to stall out on down hill carves badly, this is common from what ive heard

with the oil pump, all i have to do is line up the marks as its over oiled from dealer for breakin, but this sled is german to me and I cannot even see any marks or place for adjustment

A

anziconda

Dec 10, 2007
Let me guess...sharp right turns into a deep climb...motor bogs out makes it half way up a hill have to turn out and find a track to get into so the motor can clean out...Keep this at the top as this is the only bug left on my sled that I'm dying to get figured out.Thanks for any help:beer;

D

depsnolvr

Nov 26, 2007
actually no, that does sound like exhaust and there is a thread on this close by, but mine is the vents clogging and the motor choking when downhill carving or boonin

TINKER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
American Falls, ID
Oil adjustment

Down between the throttle body boots there is a rod that connects
to the oil pump,if you pull the throttle you will see it moving.You
use a screwdriver to pop each side off then lengthen the rod
maybe two turns to start with.

B

Banshee AL

Feb 15, 2003
Halfway OR
Oil pump adjustment

Down between the throttle body boots there is a rod that connects
to the oil pump,if you pull the throttle you will see it moving.You
use a screwdriver to pop each side off then lengthen the rod
maybe two turns to start with.

you can also jack up the front of the sled and remove the black plastic belly pan/shield and then it is real easy to get to the pump rod to make your adjustements. While you are under there you can tighten up the small hose clamps that are on the water pump. One was leaking :eek: anti-freeze on mine a while back.

I just jack it up and place a plastic 4 gallon milk crate under each ski to hold it up.;)

A

Arctic Thunder

Dec 7, 2001
Lewiston, Idaho
First picture is at idle Second is wide open.

Thunder

Still running 24:1 with this. Need to make an adjustment.

100_2305.jpg

100_2306.jpg

Premium Features