• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Cr500 Stator Requests

What do you want you stator to run?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
The instructions arent really that great. They tell you more or less how to install the system. If you pm me your email i will send them to you. The Honda stator was a cast piece and black in color. The eline was machined as was the Baja. Im not 100% but the eline and baja may have been the same unit. They had a cover that was removeable with 4 screws that held the cover on. If you google Baja Designs CR500 stator u will see the difference. I just looked at your pictures again and yours is actually a Honda as well. I thought yours was all polished which made me think it was a eline. If you call Eline and talk to them they can tell u all about the history of that stator.

Last edited:
S
Feb 15, 2015
CO, western slope
Might be the right place for this. But having more hang ups. got my cr500 case back together and side covers on, and piston wouldn't move up and down except with a lot of resistance, so I started pulling covers off and checking.

So it turns out the aftermarket flywheel that was on there would rub on the left cover. There's wear marks and all. When I removed the cover to do this rebuild, it was full of dirt and sand, and there were two gaskets installed. I'm assuming at this point that was their method to make it fit, although a terrible one.

So buy an aftermarket side cover? How do I know if one is oversized? Any suggestions, wish there was a solid alternative to getting power I would maybe address it now rather than later.

I do like the idea of running the cr250 ignition and alternator/flywheel, but I would like more power in the long run.

Take a look at this http://team1000.kuvat.fi/kuvat/Jäärata/-09+CR500AF+projekti/

Last edited:
Premium Features