• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Proclimb 800 Pipe Kit

j.janke

Lifetime Membership
Jul 16, 2013
Edmonton Alberta
Trying to decide between going with SLP stage 2 kit, BMP bolt on performance kit, Jaws Big Shark Kit, and the speedwerx equivalent kit. I sled around 5000-8000 Feet. What have you guys used? Any pointers or anything? All help is appreciated!

0neoldfart

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Thorsby, Alberta
My experience...

I can't speak for the SLP, Bikeman, or Speedwerx setups, but I am running the Big Shark kit with reducer and BD box. Definitely a great setup, pulls better through most of the powerband. Like you, I ride at 5-9000'. However, if you ride locally (I see you are in Edmonton) I would not use the reduced stinger outlet - a sure way to burn it down. Ceramic coating is a must to prevent melted plastic. Linderman's BD numbers were spot on for my application, too.

F

fast8seccamaro

Oct 22, 2010
Thorsby Alberta
Talk to Dean at Mad Motorsports in Leduc. He has lots of experience with the jaws kits on stock, ported, and big bore engines. Mine is on a big bore and runs great but not really a apples to apples comparison. Like said above.... ceramic coating and heat tape is your friend!

pinko

Premium Member
Dec 25, 2007
Wembley, AB
Another vote for the Jaws here. I put it on my 925 after running it for a year with the stock pipe and it made that BB an absolute animal!

Cat man doo

Lifetime Membership
Nov 22, 2012
Another vote for Jaws. Pulls great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
we have 5 proclimbs with slp and pc5 all have work well and pull and go from right out of the box

j.janke

Lifetime Membership
Jul 16, 2013
Edmonton Alberta
I can't speak for the SLP, Bikeman, or Speedwerx setups, but I am running the Big Shark kit with reducer and BD box. Definitely a great setup, pulls better through most of the powerband. Like you, I ride at 5-9000'. However, if you ride locally (I see you are in Edmonton) I would not use the reduced stinger outlet - a sure way to burn it down. Ceramic coating is a must to prevent melted plastic. Linderman's BD numbers were spot on for my application, too.

Where did you get your Boondocker box from? Does it come pre loaded with the mapping? Did you order the jaws big shark from lindermen or jaws?

K
Nov 17, 2008
I also have a jaws kit bd box with lindermans set up it works awesome. works so good that buddy road mine last year and order a complete set up from linderman his came with numbers already in control box . So my vote would be to order from linderman

T

TURBIE

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jan 17, 2013
saskatchewan
JAWS all the way I have the Big shark 925 pipe and Y pipe with a 925 RK Tec cylinders and head nice fit and finish.
I am also a JAWS and RK Tec dealer for those who are interested.

B

Brutus

Nov 14, 2008
Helena MT
X3 or 4 or what ev on the jaws setup. I have had it on my rk tek 925 for a few years. Fit is pretty decent and sound is better especially on the big bore spinning at 8500 or so Revs!!! Just put a small bit of heat tape on the plastic panel that gets close to the belly of the pipe on the left side. I'm not ceramic coated and its been fine. No melting

Cheers Bru

Last edited:
B

Brutus

Nov 14, 2008
Helena MT
It's the big shark setup. I think it fits both stock and the big bores. It really wakes up the 925 and sounds awesome. Entire setup works well and has been really reliable. Tuning was a bugger at first way to rich but safe start. Boonie box hasn't been touched in 2 seasons since dialed in. It's been a fun setup and I would recommend it for sure.

Bru

Last edited:
O
Dec 9, 2010
High falls, NY
Im glad everyone is positive on the jaws setup. My dealer swears by them so i purchased one. Just sent the y pipe and pipe out for ceramic coating. Should hopefully have them back next week so i can install them. Anyone running them with a diamond s can?

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
If you are running the Jaws pipe I would recommend their muffler. It is a tuned pair that work together. That is the best option. We have not tested the Diamond S can on this pipe yet (we could not keep them on hand last season long enough), but will be checking it out this season.

O
Dec 9, 2010
High falls, NY
If you are running the Jaws pipe I would recommend their muffler. It is a tuned pair that work together. That is the best option. We have not tested the Diamond S can on this pipe yet (we could not keep them on hand last season long enough), but will be checking it out this season.

Well i'll let you know how it works. I ordered one from you about 2 weeks ago. I run at low and high elevation so we'll see how it does at both.

R
I tried several cans with my Big Shark and the one that pulled the hardest by seat of the pants, was the Silber Turbo Unit 6, carbon fibre can.
A little more back pressure to it. Also worked perfect with Jaws map, no changes needed with the PCV.

Premium Features